View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tallyho
New Member!
Female 

27-07-2011, 09:22 AM

Liver & White Springer Spaniel, 6 yrs seeks active family home for nice walks in the

Liver & White Springer Spaniel, 6 yrs seeks active family home for nice walks in the countryside and cosy nights in.
Buster is a fully trained gun dog who knows his job but is finding kennel life a bit stressful.
Training wise he knows sit, stay, back, retrieve commands, his left and rights, comes to whistle or call and will hunt and retrieve all day long.
He is a lovely, loving dog (castrated) and just wants to be some ones best friend. He likes other dogs and loves all people.
He is looking for a home where he can continue to be active, whether that be continuing as a gun dog or as a family pet enjoying the countryside.
He is fully house trained and is clean in kennel and home. He is very quiet in the home, he loves fuss but does not make a nuisance of himself. He is vaccinated, wormed and fleaed to date.
Buster will not tolerate cats and could not be re-homed with them. He is also likely to retrieve poultry so this is also a consideration. He is terrified of fireworks and thunder storms if not in the house but we have found him to be fine when in the house or car.
He will only be re-homed to a country home where he can live in the home and be exercised regularly. He will kennel but our preference is that he is not kennelled for long periods or overnight.
If you think that you could be the ideal home for Buster then please contact me.
07939 130 231
Samaala59@live.co.uk
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-07-2011, 10:00 AM
what is a country home please? i hate to be pedantic as i appreciate you want a good home for the dog but what does that mean i live in a town and my dogs get more exercise than many gundogs do.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-07-2011, 10:19 AM
Ive seen a few ads for dogs saying best suited to a 'country home'. I dont think its to do with the amount of exercise personally, prob more what the dog is used to or 'needs' ie fairly relaxed peaceful surroundings (which is what a country home conjures up in my head)
tallyho
New Member!
Female 

27-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Hi,

I've put country home because that is what he's used to. We live in a quiet rural area and there's generally not alot going on. The garden's and kennels are not overlooked and there are no neighbours.

I was not being offensive by requesting a country home and i'm sure you're dogs are very active but that is what he is used to.

If you are interested in him, please give me a call and we can discuss in more detail to understand whether you would be suitable for each other.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Can't you just keep him in your home instead, rather than a kennel?
tallyho
New Member!
Female 

27-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Sorry, but if he could live in the house at home he wouldn't be up for adoption!

Westie, my mum trains gun dogs and they have quite a few. The older ones that are retired move into the house to live out their retirement in comfort as pets. Unfortunately one of the old bitches is quite aggressive towards Buster so he cannot live in their house.

I have recently taken him to my house and he splits his time between the house at night and the kennel in the day while i'm at work but i have 2 springer girls already for working and a jack russell as my pet. My house isn't really big enough for all 4 although he does seem much happier.

Also the local farm does have a cat which keeps coming into the garden to empty my bin and it's only a matter of time before it comes unstuck. (He has caught and killed a 5 mth old cat previously which is why he cannot rehomed with cats)
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2011, 11:16 AM
If only he were cat happy id have him in a heart beat
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by tallyho View Post
Sorry, but if he could live in the house at home he wouldn't be up for adoption!
Why can't he?
tallyho
New Member!
Female 

27-07-2011, 12:17 PM
i'd modified the post above. I'd just taken a very rude phone call from someone who was annoyed that i'd apparently discriminated against them as i'd asked for a country home and i was a little upset. I apologise that i was a little short.

We tried him in the house with the retired dogs but my dads spaniel (the old matriach) attacks him. No one else, just him so he can't be inside there.

He's recently moved to my house and is inside at night and ina kennel and runs during the day. He doesn't love being in a kennel, he gets a bit stressy but seems much improved for being in at night.

Obviously he's still kenneled for a block of time during the day which still isn't ideal.

That said, i want the absolute best for him which is why he is for adoption. We do not re-home dogs, all ours are with us from puppy to the very end and its not a decision we have taken lightly.

He will continue to live me if what i deem to be an ideal home does not present itself as he will not go 'just anywhere'.

I was recommended Dogsey by a good friend as a place to find him a perfect home with knowledgeable people, i hope that is the case but if not, at least he is inside some of the time now!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Have a word with Lizzy on here - she does ESS rescue and may know of the perfect home for this lad Good luck finding him the right place.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >