Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2009, 08:14 AM

The Razz thread

(I started a blog but can`t work out how to add to it )

We were all fairly stunned at him accepting the move. He had a good sniff round and met the other dogs. He keeps his distance from people but is frightened of being alone (typical shepherd, taken to extremes ?).
He paces - runs a regular track round his boundaries, which is the same behaviour you see in some zoo animal. I assume this was learned through his incarceration in the shed?
He ate all his dinner so I gave him another, which he also ate. I put mince and gravy on it, which he seems to like. He has a sensitive tum, but is painfully thin.
He didn`t want to go in his kennel and run so we left all the doors open till it got too cold. Then I put a lead on him and my sons took it in turn to sit with him. Sam did up to midnight and Luke did the graveyard shift till I got up this morning.
My house is a swamp as he continually trots in and out - thank gawd for laminate and steam mops! - so I`ve put towels down, which helps.
He ate Daisy`s chicken wings this morning so I gave him some more of his own and he wolfed them down. In fact he pinched one out of my hand when I had my back turned, which made me laugh. I`m off to PAH today so might have a look to see what they`ve got in the way of raw food. We have to get weight on him - I think his thin-ness is due to kennel stress - he`s very like Daisy and gets himself in a tizz easily.
He knows Sit. He also knows Come, but doesn`t want to approach too close. I think he must have been trained at some point.
Today we`re just letting him do as he pleases. The boys will sit up again tonight.
see you tomorrow
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2009, 08:18 AM
He is lovely! Poor boy! Sounds like he came from an awful place! So glad he gets to spend Christmas with a wonderful new loving family!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2009, 08:28 AM
Well he is gorgeous!! He is going to look stunning soon, lve the pic of him and Daisy Really looking forward to seeing him progress
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2009, 08:31 AM
Awww bless him. I wonder if Fluffyband and the other lady at the rescue have done some work on sit and come with him?
Glad he ahd a good first day. Bless your sons.
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2009, 08:31 AM
Aaawww bless him!
Won't be long til he's curled up at your feet....
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2009, 08:45 AM
it brought tears to my eyes seeing his photos and reading about his first day! he must be quite bewildered over this new turn of events in his life. bless you claire, this is obviously going to be an adjustment for all of you but my goodness, that boy really could not be in a better place now!! xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2009, 08:54 AM
I am so glad it all went so well.

Your'e sons are great for mucking in with him.

PAH do the mince trip blocks and also the tripe nugget's a little more expensive because they have the fruit and veg in too.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2009, 08:56 AM
He looks good!! how old is he?

Bet he can't believe his luck. You'll be looking back at this thread in a years time and won't believe the changes, for sure!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2009, 09:06 AM
aw bless he is gorgeous..Poor lad!
re-feeding i was always under the impression that with a dog so skinny and under fed that feeding him what ever he wants was bad?
and that u should give 3/4 'small' meals through out the day?
If your already doing that then sorry, just it read to me like he was eatting what he wanted!
anyway well done for taking him in, sounds like he has landed on his feet with u.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2009, 09:23 AM
Bless him, he does look a gorgeous dog.
I'm sure he will come on in leaps and bounds with you.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >