Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
col72
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-11-2010, 11:42 AM

Propalin

1 of my border collie bitch has been on propalin for about 2 years just this week she has leaked twice had her to the vets done blood tests everything is fine got her on 4mg of propalin has anyone else dog ever started leaking when taking it and if so what did you do thanks
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Hi - Meggie my Staffie x (about size of small lab) has been on propalin for about 18 months. She still occasionally has the odd dribble but she is only on 1.5mg a day (0.5 mg three times a day) which my vet said is the maximum which doesn't sound right as your BC is on 4mg. Meggie weighs about 20 kilos. I was considering getting some doggie pants for indoors (for Meggie, not for me )
col72
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-11-2010, 07:12 PM
my dog was on 3mg she is about 20kg
~Helen~
New Member!
Female 

25-11-2010, 08:36 AM
One of mine was on propaling for about 3 years, I had to keep increasing her dose so she didn't leak.

I popped along to the vets and I was told that this drug can actually stop working properly once they've been on it for a long time.

Inca was changes over to Incurin tablets, they are hormonal based and therefore won't suit some dogs but I found them to be alot better than the propalin.

She also has half a tablet a day instead of a whole one.

They do have to be taken around the same time as food or its absortion(SP?) rate isn't as good. Inca doesn't eat that great but a trick my vet told me was to give her 5ml spoon of pure corn oil at the same time and it works wonders.