Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2017, 05:34 PM
Good afternoon

Hope you are not coming down with the lurgy again Griff. Keep warm and enjoy your lilms

Pleased all walks went well for you June and the girls enjoyed themselves.

Hope car hunt has gone well Lynn

Good day had here. We liked some tiles in a well know retailer but working out the price we both had to sit down Went to another warehouse type place and found virtually the same tiles at half the price so order placed and hopefully they will be delivered to son's flat in Brighton if not to us by Tuesday evening and then Barry and I can take them to the flat. Also saw and arranged for a survey to be made for the vinyl for the kitchen and that is arranged for Friday when Paul has the day off, so instead of being lazy he will be running around
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2017, 05:34 PM
Evening not long back from our foray into Ipswich via Kings Lynn dropping the hire car back and breakfast at dobbies.

The very nice 206 had been sold which we knew before leaving so went to look at the 307 04 plate just over 56000 miles. Bit tatty inside and when Gorden sat inside and the chap started it up Gorden had already clocked it didn't idle well and I could hear the spluttering from outside.
He decided he would take it for a test run in case it had been sitting a while so they maneuvered a non starter about now my logical head would say put them to the back.
Then off one went as the car seemed to have a problem went back with a box and leads. After ages came in and said a fault had come up throttle. Now we know all about this and decided to leave. Not leave our number as it is a 3 hour round journey and declined the Renault Megane which had it's wing mirror taped up.
So off out again tomorrow no washing machine getting sorted or larder this weekend then.
Harvey think we may of come your way as we passed the sign for Knettishall Heath.

griff hope the lurgy isn't back.
June best not overdo it.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2017, 05:40 PM
Kazz, i have seen that quite a few times, there are several parts of the country that now run the drunk bus and take people to a drunk tank as it were, they are given a blanket, a soft mat and put on the floor in the recovery position...terrible state of affairs!! i used to like a drink, i was out from about 7pm or sometimes straight from work until around 3-4am, i was drinking the whole time..the only time i had an issue was when i was given painkillers by the hospital and told not to drink and i did...i was wheeled out of yates in a bottle bin Lol that was after 1pint of cider!! all other times i have got myself home, known exactly where i have been and what i have done and not once been ill in a taxi or on the bus...if you can't handle a lot of drink...don't do it!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2017, 05:41 PM
Oh dear Lynn, that's not good...not a great advert non running cars at the front of the car lot
Sue, hahaha, your son gets to be running about instead of you
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2017, 05:43 PM
Lynn...why on earth try and sell a car that isn't running properly bet you wanted to knee them in the crutch and ask for petrol money....aaggghhh
Sue, well done on the tiles,it does pay to shop around these days doesn't it.
Now I am feeling more like it I am going to get a decorator or two in for a quote for the kitchen. There is obviously not going to be a chance of getting the brick built kennel up until we get a dry warmish spell of weather, so may as well get the kitchen sorted out. As the rain hasn't been too bad - so far - the one I'm stuck with is holding its own, making sure there is very deep dry bedding in there as well, and being able to put the heat lamp on when it gets cold is helping a bit as well.
Had a very lazy afternoon, did girls tea and have washed my hair and got the fire lit.
Good night on telly for me, may even get the ironing done as I don't notice I'm doing it when there is something on worth watching
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-01-2017, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Harvey think we may of come your way as we passed the sign for Knettishall Heath.
You know I was just thinking while reading the start of this post that you must have come through here. Did you take the A1088 at any time Would have driven straight past us although this morning we (That's including Casey & Lara) were doing the weekly shop in Thetford.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2017, 06:06 PM
Hi everyone, sorry I have been AWOL again, no real excuse.

We have drunk buses in Torquay with "street pastors" who give out flip flops to girls who can no longer walk in their heels

We have had Kyla here for the afternoon. She really is growing into a lovely little girl. We went into see my neighbours Husky. I don't know who was happier. Nuna just wanted to lean against Kyla and love her and all Kyla did was giggle!

Hope you are all having a good weekend
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2017, 06:10 PM
Awww Nippy, that is lovely Kyla and Nuna are friends, I see so many kids round here who are scared of dogs and it upsets me as they miss out
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-01-2017, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
the one I'm stuck with is holding its own, making sure there is very deep dry bedding in there as well, and being able to put the heat lamp on when it gets cold is helping a bit as well.
Apart from falling down us humans must remember that luxory is not in the cannine vocabulary In fact continuity is more important.

But, like me and all of us here, we want our dogs to have five star accomodation, it's just a human thing

As you say your guy won't want to start in this weather, get the kitchen done now, the summer is best time for brickwork.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-01-2017, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Awww Nippy, that is lovely Kyla and Nuna are friends, I see so many kids round here who are scared of dogs and it upsets me as they miss out
Agree and it's important in my opinion that kids have the chance to meet dogs while they are young and with parents around to explain things to them.

If kids are scared of dogs it's entirely down to the parents, what is worrying is that as those 'parents' become a larger part of the so called 'society' the ownership of a dog will be regarded as anti-social and we can all imagine what follows after that.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >