Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-01-2006, 02:03 PM

Mould Stains

Just got some linen out of my closet this morning and have found mould stains on them, does anyone know of what I can use on them to get rid of the stains ? It's a mostly cotton fabric, after putting some Devil Stain remover on it and leaving it for 10 mins I washed it once with some Bio washing powder and it hasnt shifted the stains

Was thinking of washing it with a weak bleach solution, but not sure if this is a good idea ... it's cream linen.

Any ideas or tips would be great thanks
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-01-2006, 02:32 PM
Hi Willow you say linen then 'mostly cotton' so it is not linen? Lined and cotton both react to bleach, polester and man made fibres don't so
'mostly cotton' may not.

Now you have washed the fabric the stains may be 'set' a little mildew can be soaked in milk overnight, worse stains treated with a mixture of salt/starch/softsoap and lemon juice made to a paste. I fear you are too late for this, you can try bleaching the whole thing but the colour may change.
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-01-2006, 03:15 PM
Thanks Mini, I've decided to give it a go with the bleach and see how I go, if it gets rid of the stain then great, if not then I'll just dye it.