Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-03-2012, 05:51 PM

Annoyed

Because it was so nice yesterday, hubby and I took Ranger up to our town park. A fairly empty bit, not where we've ever seen many folk. So we gets out the car, Ranger is on his leash, and having a pre pee sniff at the grass . Along comes a woman with a wee dog, a lhaso apso type I think. She walked past Ranger, her dog on the other side and HISSED at him . I looked up at her going 'excuse me???', and she replies 'don't let him come near'. Hubby and I looked at each other, then back at her (the dogs were nowhere near each other and Ranger wasn't even bothering with her dog, more interested in peeing!). 'She was attacked by one last year, she's terrified!!' the wee dog wasn't even fazed by Ranger, no nervous behaviour, no straining to put as much distance as possible, the whole fear was coming from the owner. Now I can understand her being wary, after all, I'm sure most of us would be, but to actually hiss at my dog was just not on Hubby grumbled and moaned about her all the way round on the walk lol, he, and me I must admit, was flabbergasted at her.
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2012, 06:05 PM
that is quite odd, why would you hiss?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2012, 06:06 PM
I really would not worry, just treat it as a training exercise for Ranger ie not to react to hisses.

You will hear a lot worse no doubt over the years........
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-03-2012, 06:08 PM
lol, this is true. He just looked at her as well, strange woman! I'm used to people crossing the street, picking up their pocket pets etc already, but hissing was definitely a new one on me.
Tass
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-03-2012, 06:56 PM
Was she a cat in disguise?!
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-03-2012, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by Tass View Post
Was she a cat in disguise?!
perhaps
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2012, 07:06 PM
What a wierdo
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-03-2012, 07:15 PM
The other day I couldn't believe I was hearing right when someone ask me if Chloe my Tibbie was VISCIOUS ?????

She's the size of a cat, only weighs 4.4kg and the friendliest little dog you could wish to meet.

Some people are VERY odd!
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-03-2012, 07:52 PM
How awful!

Even if her dog *was* scared there's no way you would do that! I mean; yesterday Whisper was scared of 3 Yorkshire Terriers - who were happily trotting along on-lead beside their owners - not their fault lol! And we laughed with the (very nice!) owners and said Whisper was just being silly (I try not to indulge Whisper's nervousness when it's not justified as I feel it would just be reinforcing her behaviour.)

Whisper is frequently scared of other dogs but I have never yet hissed at anyone or anyone else's dog! Still; as I learn in my job every day there's an awful lot of weird people out there! You've got to feel sorry for her really; seems she's got some sort of identity crisis - thinks she's either a snake or a cat!

I'd love to meet Ranger, handsome boy! xx
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-03-2012, 08:02 PM
aww, thank you Hanlou Ranger would adore meeting you too I'm sure lol, may have to try and arrange it. The thing about the wee dogs is funny, cause Ranger tends to shy away from them as well, 'cause they all seem to come flying at him yapping their heads off
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >