Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2005, 10:49 PM

Curtain opinions (boring ... yawn!)

Right, we have antique pine furniture (but might convert to natural pine), creamy walls, we will probably have wooden flooring (maybe beech or something similar to the furniture),blue sofa (might go for terracotta when rich) -what colour do we go for for curtains?

The room is a rectangle with patio doors at one end and window at the other so we need two sets of curtains ... or blinds????

I love pale cream colours. So plain cream? Plain teracotta? Mixture of both? Something else? Gold?

Are louvre blinds still used?

Help?
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-09-2005, 10:50 PM
no curtains much better
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2005, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by Fred
no curtains much better
Definitely warmer in the winter - brrrrrrr, not long in coming
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-09-2005, 10:54 PM
it was hot here today blood is thinning
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2005, 11:10 PM
well you could either have pale curtains to give that brighter effect, could go for a similar colour to the walls, which would be bright and airy with the pine furniture, colour of your walls and probable wooden flooring...

Or you could choose what your accent colour is going to be...say the colour of your rug you will have down, future terracotta sofa and accessories and make the curtains match that.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2005, 11:11 PM
It's cooler here but horrible and muggy. Yuck!

But what about me curtains? What colour?

I'm no good at this! We've got three samples on loan (but I broke the hanger by trying to bend it round ) and I'm not sure I like any of them now. Going for quite pale colours because I thought they'd make the room look small if it was dark but not sure.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2005, 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous
well you could either have pale curtains to give that brighter effect, could go for a similar colour to the walls, which would be bright and airy with the pine furniture, colour of your walls and probable wooden flooring...

Or you could choose what your accent colour is going to be...say the colour of your rug you will have down, future terracotta sofa and accessories and make the curtains match that.
You've done this before -I can tell!
So either pale cream to match the walls or a darker terracotta to match the possible future sofa,money allowing ( ).

I'm on the right track then.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

i am sure a light colour would be better lucky how about light green
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

So either pale cream to match the walls or a darker terracotta to match the possible future sofa,money allowing ( ).

Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >