Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2009, 12:14 PM

Pmt

Hi just wondered if anyone suffers from this and if there is anything you can recommend to ease it....i suffer quite badly with it, have got it at the moment and it seems to get worse every month. I just feel like hibernating - find it hard to get out of bed tbh - feel very depressed, tearful, can get very aggressive, and anxious(like i can't cope with anything)

Periods have always been fairly heavy (i used to faint regularly when i was younger ) but they seem to be getting heavier, some days i don't want to go out of the house which is impossible as i have two children. I am 40 - my mum had a late menopause at 60 but thought maybe i could be getting symptoms early. I need to go to the docs but is there anything that helps, i used to take evening primrose and b vits but i forget to take them.... sorry am feeling rather pathetic at the moment....i'm going away for the evening to my aunts as i feel i need to get away for a while but feel guilty because of the children. An advice anyone ?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2009, 12:21 PM
I used to have very heavy periods, caused by fibroids. I had a full hysterectomy when I was 43 - best thing I ever did.

However, I still have my ovaries, so although I didn't and still don't suffer from PMT, I do have menopause symptoms, hot flushes in particular, which are no joke.

Sorry I can't advise you much - just wanted to offer some female empathy *hugs* x
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2009, 01:02 PM
I get it bad too.
I know that when i am eating healthier and exercising more i dont get it as bad, but sometimes thats the last thing you want to do isnt it...when you just want a giant bar of choccy!!

I dont know, guess there are herbal things you can take but i havent tried them.
I am hell to live with!!!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2009, 01:25 PM
I would get yourself checked (blood test)to see what your iron levels are doing. Anaemia can give you a whole range of symptoms.
My friend used to swear by her B vits - but you've already tried those. Sorry can't be more help.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2009, 03:15 PM
I agree with MissE. But try to see a female doctor. My mum saw a male doctor for ages when she was suffering with massively heavy periods.

He just kept saying 'It's your age, deal with it'.

Turned out she had so many fibroids in her womb, her womb was the size of someone who is 5 months pregnant She had a hysterectomy and had the ovaries removed too because there is ovarian cancer in our family. She's got a new lease of life now. Best thing she ever did.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2009, 03:17 PM
I do, i just deal with it,i know im being over sensitive & irrational. For the periods now ive found the miracle that is Feminax!!!!! im one happy bunny!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Feminax is wonderful,as someone with fibroids and endometriosis I swear by anything that make that time blurry!!!!!!

I also can't survive without taking my evening primrose...if I don't take them I am a nightmare. My poor, long suffering oH can tell me when I have PMT.....
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2009, 05:18 PM
hi
used to get pmt and bad periods but since i had contraceptive chip fitted in my arm have neither so life is a breeze....worth considering

hope you find a solution though

sue
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-03-2009, 05:37 PM
I know how you feel I started this at 38 and my Dr put me back on the pill for a while, while waiting for hormone results to come back and I was borderline menopause.
At 40 I was well into it and 10 years later hopefully coming out the other side, have missed 6 periods again this year like last year hoping they have stopped altogether this time.
You can get depression with the menopause so I think it would be good to see your Dr. I had bad periods nearly 3 years ago and have fibroids so came off the HRT as this doesn't help them apparently.
I can sympathise with how you feel and
Gorden will be able to sympathise with your OH. (((Hugs))).
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2009, 08:05 PM
You can take a form of HRT for PMS - it's not the full blown HRT just some extra oestrogen I think. I tried it for 3 months & the PMS did ease off - but there are quite a few side effects & the one that got me was the cramp in my legs which got so bad I stopped & now just put up with the PMS (as do the rest of the family sadly!)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >