Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 01:11 PM

I Give Up.

3-4 days ago my fridge packed up and I had to throw out loads of stuff. There is no way I can afford another now I am not working and I tried on Freecycle with no luck so had resigned myself to living with no fridge.
Now I have just been to my freezer to find that has packed up and everything is defrosting. I can't even cook a lot of it up as I havn't got a damn fridge to store it in.
To top it all my milk and butter I had stored outside in a thick plasric bag and i have just got home from my hospital appointment to find that the heavens had opened while I was gone and my butter is now waterlogged and had it too.
Honestly I just want to cry
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
3-4 days ago my fridge packed up and I had to throw out loads of stuff. There is no way I can afford another now I am not working and I tried on Freecycle with no luck so had resigned myself to living with no fridge.
Now I have just been to my freezer to find that has packed up and everything is defrosting. I can't even cook a lot of it up as I havn't got a damn fridge to store it in.
To top it all my milk and butter I had stored outside in a thick plasric bag and i have just got home from my hospital appointment to find that the heavens had opened while I was gone and my butter is now waterlogged and had it too.
Honestly I just want to cry
Oh hun I'm so sorry. If there is still stuff that is usable can you wrap it in newspapers and maybe one of your neibours can put it in their fridge for you.
We have a charity here called Create, you can get really cheap fridges and freezers from them. They employ young "naughty" boys to do them up. Is there anything like that near you?
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 01:25 PM
Aww Bev, get yourself a cuppa and sit down for 5 mins x Have you any charity shops near by that could help you out for the time being x
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Oh no not good big hugs. xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Hugs hon x0x not sure what to suggest
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 03:45 PM
couldn't your neighbours help you out with freezer space for the time being?
I know I did that once with one of my neighbours.
It is a distressing thing to happen - big hugs x