Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-12-2012, 07:23 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread Wednesday.

But I am a day ahead of myself still and think its Thursday.
Yesterday I kept thinking it Wednesday.

I hope today finds everyone well.

I finished my christmas cakes yesterday so they are waitng to be marzipanned ( is that a word) and iced.

We managed to get a lie-in today till 5.30. Gorden got up to Dillon then came back to bed and he started we are at total loss now what to do with him we are going to try to see if he will come up with us tomorrow morning and settle.

He is just so naughty with it all and I am so stressed with him which doesn't help the situation at all and I am now on tenterhooks waiting for the complaints.

Anyway enough off my woes.

I hope you all have a good day and I am looking forward to some funny stories I need some.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2012, 07:37 AM
Morning Lynn

Yay well done for the Christmas cakes. I bet the smell in your house is wonderful.

I can imagine how you are feeling with Dillon, it must be so tiring. It's not the same but when Loki has his fits, for a few days afterwards he wakes us up pacing around and whining softly.

Would a radio help settle him?

It's like winter wonderland this morning but freezing cold - Loki will love his walk. I'm thinking of getting one of those convection heaters just to heat a room when I'm here on my own.

Happy Wednesday to you and everyone today.
xxx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2012, 07:47 AM
Morning all.
Poor you Lynn I can imagine how stressed you must be feeling. Maybe he is just being norty and will grow out of it (wishful thinking )
I have marzipanned my cake, just the icing to do now.
The tree still isn't up.... maybe later, be prepared for stunning pics hahaha.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2012, 07:49 AM
Today is BAN THE BONES day. The last two days the dogs have been scrapping re bones, as in I WANT THE ONE YOU HAVE NOT THIS ONE..growl, bark, fight....always wee dog who starts it, bossy little madam

So early today I gathered in ALL THE BONES and read them the riot act.

"bone of contention" I guess.. but their faces! oh MY! lol

Very very tired; always so until the days start to lengthen. Soon, soon, soon... SAD is part of the M.E.. feel like hibernating,,, Also there has been very hard news in from from family re wee ones overseas. Feel so helpless.

The kettle blew up last week and now the replacement is not working...oh and the upstairs is leaking and the water came through to the kitchen...ai me! Bucket time

Was at a lovely Christmas Fair at the weekend; small and friendly village who made a great fuss of me. The car was unloaded and reloaded without my asking which rarely happens .

Lots of food too; generous and frequent samples of honey roast ham and Christmas pudding with whipped cream.. So I have had my Christmas dinner! Lots of kids with their E2 pieces, buying an angel or snowflake.. Warms the heart.

So today the plumber will come and the rest I shall knit abed.. today a new idea...infinity scarves in cream mohair, cabled to my own design... order from family overseas to sell. I have so much. .warm bed, safe house, work for my hands to do that will feed others....
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2012, 07:51 AM
Morning Lynn, Linda, Jenny, Rosebud and everyone

Lynn, I can understand how it must be stressing you out and I will take a look at your thread in a minute. Yes Linda, those little oil fired radiator thingies are good, it's like having a radiator in a room, and they usually have an eco setting which is very cheap to run, it'll keep the chill out of the air.

very, very white out there this morning, I might actually let Zena go out nekid this morning coz I doubt there'll be any mud about in this temperature, even in the woodland which can normally still be squidgy in amongst those trees.

I'm quite excited this morning, I'm off to Asda for pants and socks for Dave, and I love the jim jams I bought in there the other week so much, that I'm going to buy another couple of pairs and chuck out all my old cotton ones. I won't look at the shoes only slippers!!! Apart from that I've got nothing on the agenda for today, I did all the cleaning and bed changes yesterday.

I spent hours on the phone last night, but it was nice catching up with really old friends who I haven't spoken to for months. There's one friend left, who now lives in France, but I never got around to ringing her cos I spent too long chatting to all the others

Anyway, stay warm folks, enjoy a nice dry walk cos it'll probably all change in another day or two!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2012, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Morning Lynn

Yay well done for the Christmas cakes. I bet the smell in your house is wonderful.

I can imagine how you are feeling with Dillon, it must be so tiring. It's not the same but when Loki has his fits, for a few days afterwards he wakes us up pacing around and whining softly.

Would a radio help settle him?

It's like winter wonderland this morning but freezing cold - Loki will love his walk. I'm thinking of getting one of those convection heaters just to heat a room when I'm here on my own.

Happy Wednesday to you and everyone today.
xxx
That is sense and how I work it too,, heat the room you are in.... I use a halogen heater in the bedroom.. hate it as it is too glaring but is all I have.. light the range around lunchtime and use that for cooking and heating water etc.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2012, 07:56 AM
Morning Lynn and all,
Sorry to hear Dillon is still being a naughty boy in the mornings. If greyhounds do this its normally because they get cold in the early hours so putting a coat on stops them, but with all that fur Dillon has got thats a really ridiculous suggestion so I am afraid i can be no help there, unless he is getting bored at that time and decides you should be up playing. Only other thing I can think of is could there be a bitch in season on your estate that he knows about and its getting him excited and restless. I believe they can smell a bitch up to a mile away. (somebody correct me if I am wrong.)
I am off to clean this elderly mans house this morning to make it all nice, ready for christmas for him. Just wish I could shake off this chest infection as its still really painful to breathe. Still each day is a day nearer it being gone. Then its work this afternoon.
Its freezing out there my tempreture guage is saying -6 this morning so I had better go and get showered as its going to take me a while to remove all that ice off my car this morning.
Stay warm everyone and enjoy your day.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2012, 08:07 AM
Morning all.

Up for over an hour now which I am not pleased about as I am at work tonight - that means unless I can sleep in an afternoon nap (unlikely) I will be awake over 24 hours by this time tomorrow.

Well so far this morning put a machine of washing in, took Sal out and coming home she shot off up the stairs...lovely.
Got the papers and had coffee and crumpets with marmite, put the rubbish bags by the car planning a trip to the salvage.
Got to pop to BHS to get my Dad a pair trousers for Christmas. They do the sort that have a clip instead of a button he struggles with buttons now.

Went out with a friend of mine yesterday to TGI and really enjoyed it. We discussed a holiday for New year 2013 so suggestions for a not to expensive place to go. Looking for warmth.

Hope everyone feels better and Lynn why does Dillon get up? is it a recent thing or something he has always done? have an idea but it may be no good unless you can explain what happens (sorry I do not know whats up must have missed it)
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2012, 08:18 AM
Morning all to you all on 20/12/2020

At 12 minutes past 8 tonight it will be: 20:12. 20/12/2012
Sorry about that , just thought I'd mention it.
We lost our internet connection for over two hours last night and but the time we got it back I thought I'd leave all the 'late-nighters' to their fun ...... but I have to say I was very impressed with the size of Malka's glass

Helena I hope you knee and back improve. And and any unwell doglets are feeling better along with their Mums and Dads.

I'm off shortly in the thick fog to walk the dogs before I drive the 25 or so miles to visit my lovely Mum in her nursing home.
I'll be back to see you all this afternoon. Have a good day to you all and be velly, velly careful in this freezing weather.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2012, 08:32 AM
Morning Lynn and all

It must be very frustrating to have Dillon playing up in the early hours, if it is a bitch in season it should finish soon.

You are all so good baking your own christmas cakes, I bought an iced slice yesterday, more for my cousin than anything as OH and I wouldn't eat a whole cake, my cousin is diabetic but still keeps on about his cake mince pies and sausage rolls!

It's quite dark here and a very heavy frost, I hope it doesn't snow! I am off for a blood test later then straight on to my cousin. I am going to cook for him rather than take him out as I have developed a cough and don't fancy sitting in a pub coughing.

We will be taking christmas wreaths to put on his mother's grave and his fathers grave, I don't think we will hang around as it's so cold.

I hope everyone has a lovely day.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »