View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2011, 06:26 PM
I like the freedom of choice. I don't think shops should be closed because that is how it was in the 'old days'. That is the point, we are no longer in such times.

We went out on the Monday and it was so so busy. I am guessing that they make up some of the money they loose on the Sunday.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2011, 06:27 PM
But your freedom of choice has resulted in the lack of freedon of choice in others ie they are now contracted to work on days which they would prefer not to.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2011, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Now now now, you are not pensioner phobic are you? Pensioners are people too!
No-I'm only pensioner phobic when they're in front of me on a single track road doing 40 in a 60 mile stretch and stopping to admire the scenery! I call them "Pensioners on a picnic"!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2011, 06:43 PM
I like pensioners when

they stop to talk to people at the entrance/exit of shops
they stop at the TOP of escalators to read the notices
they leave their trollies in the middle of the aisle
they wait until the last possible moment after packing their bags on wheels to find their purse and their money
they take 35 attempts to reverse out of a parking bay because they can no longer move their head or neck from left to right

It is unfortunate that I will eventually become one........
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-04-2011, 07:05 PM
i love pensioners! i work in b&q and lovveee weds pensioners day have so much fun with them and everyone knows its pensioners day on wed so if they come in and complain about themi remind them that they are in every weds for their 10% off their goodies. do have the very odd miserable ones but 99 per cent of the time we have such a alugh with them. love em!
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
No-I'm only pensioner phobic when they're in front of me on a single track road doing 40 in a 60 mile stretch and stopping to admire the scenery! I call them "Pensioners on a picnic"!
Don't even get me started!! Especially the small old ladies driving big cars, that can barely see over the steering wheel....!!!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2