Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2007, 03:29 PM

Big Healing Vibes Needed For Max

Max is a very poorly little man at the moment check my "Not Himself - Fireworks" thread in the behavious sections.

This morning when I came downstairs, he didn't even lift his head I had to pick him up and put him outside, where he just stood with his head almost touching the floor.

He refused all of his biscuits, and even refused his morning drop of tea which he begs for normally!

Took him in to work with me this morning. He has a high temperature at 39.2 degrees. We took some blood and he has a high white cell count, both of which indicate infection. The vet also wants to obtain a stool sample from him as she thinks he could possibly have lung worm as he has been coughing after exercise and when pressure is applied to his trachea (which before we put down to him pulling like a train as a pup). We x-rayed his chest as his breathing is very laboured but that looked fine.

He has had some antibiotics and is currently at the vets on fluids. His temperature has not really improved throughout the day and he is just so depressed

I am going to phone at 6pm for an update, and then the nurse is going to text me when she goes back to check on him tonight.
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2007, 03:46 PM
oh no Hayley, you must be so so very worried... I had no idea Max was poorly.. I really do hope he is ok, please please PM me with an update. oh the poor little man. Sending healing hugs (((hugs))) and healing puppy hugs ((9hugs))) Thinking of you both

Love Anna xxx
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2007, 03:48 PM
Oh no!! Poor Max and poor you!

Special Boxer licks and hugs for you and Max...

Hope he feels better soon

Shelley, Max and Murphy
xxx
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2007, 03:51 PM
Thanks both of you, I keep going to pick the phone up to call them and I only left him an hour ago!

The house just seems so empty without him can't wait to have my boy home again!
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2007, 03:54 PM
oh bless you, I know what you mean...would be a\wfully quiet if Flower and Willow werent around...peaceful in fact...!! I hope he will be home again soon, back to his usual self hun xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-10-2007, 03:57 PM
Wishing Max well soon and (((Hugs))) to you both.xx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2007, 04:11 PM
Fudge sends Max huge healing licks and hugs. Please keep us posted........It must be awful without him so some hugs for you too.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2007, 04:12 PM
How worrying for you, Hayley. Hope Max recovers soon and is back to begging for his tea xoxox
Massive hugs to him xox and you xoxox
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Thanks everyone

I have every faith in the girls but it's just hard not being there with him when I'm used to being the one to treat him quite sad of me really! I know he'll be well looked after though.

I'll be giving Max all of his hugs tomorrow - although I think I'll leave the licks I may even head back and see him later depending on how he is when I call.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2007, 04:21 PM
Poor Max, I'm so sorry to be reading this after your previous thread Try not to worry too much, 39.2 is NOT massively high!!!!!! Georgie had a temparature of 42 back inApril this year!!!!! I posted up a while ago about the normal temperature when my dog's was 39 and apparently it's normal between 37 and 39, strange your vet didn't tell you this???
Here you go I just found this
Quote "37.8 39.2 °C" those are quite NORMAL temperatures for a dog, so try not to worry too much, I'm sure they'll sort him out with the ab's.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »