register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-11-2016, 05:36 PM
Could see there was some sort of slip in my post box, unlocked it, it is a note from Hermes to say they have tried to deliver a parcel (no idea what, not expecting anything) and they have left it....??????? cannot read the writing, maybe a trainee doctor moonlighting Looks like the first word could be Behind..... Have searched the garden, nothing has anything behind it. Rang Hermes, they cannot find any record of a parcel for me on their system. No idea what has happened. Will have to see if anyone asks me if I got a parcel. Looked round the garden 3 times, in case I was losing the rest of my marbles.
Just had some amazing news, well a confirmation of....Lona is to be a great grandmother, had a vid through of the babies at 5 weeks, another 4 to go. Daddy is Horatio. Other g. grandad is......Hal, Gnashers old boy!!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-11-2016, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
the Latvian one was correct.
Sorry Barry, couldn't drag SWMBO away to have a look, so no guesses from me Knowing for certain it wasn't Slovakia didn't help did it
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-11-2016, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
cannot read the writing, maybe a trainee doctor moonlighting Looks like the first word could be Behind.....
Has happened to me (Not Hermes 'tho) was expecting something so just had to look around, it was in the greenhouse well I suppose it's out of the rain there but I do wish our schools would teach kids how to write a half readable note rather than the gibberish that some of them scrawl on scraps of paper
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-11-2016, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Lona is to be a great grandmother, had a vid through of the babies at 5 weeks, another 4 to go. Daddy is Horatio. Other g. grandad is......Hal, Gnashers old boy!!!!
Congrats to Lona

Do you keep records of all the puppies if you do you can be sure that at some time in the future that will be very useful to those that keep the breed going.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2016, 06:15 PM
I've just been talking to our friend in Germany, it's his birthday.
They have had 10cm of snow He was so excited. He said in 66 years he has never had snow on his birthday The forecast for tonight apparently is -5c
It's raining now, but I'm not going anywhere so I don't really mind
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2016, 06:15 PM
That is wonderful that my beautiful Horatio is a daddy, bet his offspring will be brilliant.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2016, 06:17 PM
Oh Jenny, that means it cannot be far away then. I am dreading it!
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-11-2016, 06:17 PM
Sorry about the two goes at answering but have great difficulty differentiating between L & E.
Would love to sing along with the chorus but even if I did I lack the tecnological skills and abilities to get it to post on here. I consider it an acheivement if I can get the note off the pigeon's leg!
New questions: Post 16 - I suspect Brazil.
Post 17 - Either the Northern part of Sudan where it
touches Egypt or just over the border in Egypt
itself. The old area known as Nubia.
Post 18 - One of the Balearic Islands.
Doubt whether I'll get that lot right!
June - did Hal have any wolf in his breeding? As when I mentioned Czech Wolf Dogs you intimated that you wished to keep your lines free of wolf originated blood. I realise this would be a very small percentage of genes but was it what you yourself intended for them. Or alternatively have I got the wrong end of the stick - I do know of course that so far down the line you have little say in the choice of breeding stock.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-11-2016, 06:32 PM
Evening everyone. Do hope everyone is well.

Heard from Gill earlier the tumour she has is slow growing. She managed to see her consultant today not a locum. They will scan her before the chemo starts and instead of having it weekly as first thought she will get one dose every three weeks for 9 weeks. Will not lose her hair and hopefully will not be as ill as times before.
She is a lot happier about that. They will scan her again when the chemo is finished and see if it has had the desired effect of shrinking it.

June oh dear Zen starting her demolition programme again. Lovely news about Horatio.
Hope lunches out went well.
Good to hear that Dex seems to be on the mend.
Good news Gordon about the vocal chords.
Great photos Barry but haven't a clue about where they may be from. Good news about the yes too. Fingers crossed for DVLA.
Hope I have remembered everyone.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2016, 06:38 PM
Lynn, sounds hopeful for Gil, hope they get her sorted this time. Meds are improving all the time.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >