Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
pml, whats he like, I could just see him taking a head dive though
indeed - it would not be funny, but OH is going on about renting a boat on the loch when we go up north next month...... can you imagine, me oh, LUCA and bruno in one small boat - no way on earth is that going to happen.... he really hasnt a clue....
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
yep,you should try norbury high street! lol. know that one too well!! i had one women put her own child infront of her (to save herself )
Nothing better than motherly love hey lol
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2009, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
indeed - it would not be funny, but OH is going on about renting a boat on the loch when we go up north next month...... can you imagine, me oh, LUCA and bruno in one small boat - no way on earth is that going to happen.... he really hasnt a clue....
awe bless him, wee life jacket and water wings for bruno and luca...
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2009, 11:55 PM
Generally good reactions, but then Isla isn't exactly a big dog so maybe we get better reactions partly because of this. You know how the GP can be re stereotypes!

I've taken her on a steam train in Bury, it was late (thanks to me getting lost!) so we had the carriage to ourselves.

I got a bus from Robin Hoods Bay to Whitby without any problem, but then there was a fantastic Guide Dog already on the bus who was an old pro - he rode the whole journey standing up!

I've taken Isla and Pickles on one of those Boats in the Lakes where Pickles got mobbed by Chinese Tourists!

We've also ridden the Scarborough Cliff Lift, where much cooing over Isla ensued. She weren't impressed, it totally ruined her "Tough Bird" image!
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2009, 03:35 AM
I just have to say how cool it that animals are not allowed on public transport let alone a taxi here, but that would be interesting if they could
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2009, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post

I've taken her on a steam train in Bury, it was late (thanks to me getting lost!) so we had the carriage to ourselves.

We've also ridden the Scarborough Cliff Lift, where much cooing over Isla ensued. She weren't impressed, it totally ruined her "Tough Bird" image!
Yeyy! Two things more we haven`t tried yet - Cliff Lifts and Steam.
Petrina
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Most taxi companies around here don't take dogs.
I'd see that being 'interesting' in a discrimination case, what about Guide Dogs??

Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
hi,
i use p.t being in london boo!
with the bus its up to the driver if he even lets you on so,if they have/like dogs no prob!!
tubes people seem happy and want to chat odd being most of them are 'suits' and having the dogs i do
trains its a mixed bag,screams of 'wolf' are often heard which normally pee's me right off,but sometimes i like a whole carriage to myself!! lol
Yeh I've had buses go past and not let us on because of the dog, and they HAVE to go upstairs The bus is ok as long as there's room to sit upstairs, but she does like sitting in the middle of the aise.

The tube is fun...carrying 15kg of dog is hevay enough on some of those long escalatars (as dogs aren't allowe dto travel on the steps trhemselves) I can't imagine what carrying a Guide Dog, or a husky must be like.

People love dogs on the tube so we're quite lucky there, they always stroke her and she's totally unfaxed by it all.

Trains are fine she just goes to sleep on the floor, if it's a long journey I'll bring a bed. I've NEVER had to pay for my dog on a train, and NEVER been asked??
Freysterdewdrop
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Cody and frey get the bus to work with me everyday. I get mixed reactions. Bus drivers are always nice, the passengers not always.
x
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Taxis round here won't take dogs. Everything else no so bad, just same as normal life really, some people don't like dogs, some people love them. When I took Star up to Scotland everyone on the train loved her, she was so so so very good though.
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2009, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
Sounds a brilliant experience.

I don't think people would take too kindly to Jess on a bus as we have a high asian population that cross roads to get past her when we are walking.

Would love to see how she is on a bus though
I have two soppy looking spaniels and the vast majority of the Asian population cross roads to avoid us as well
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >