Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2021, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Afternoon griff, Sue, Barry, Moyra and all to follow.
Another wet underfoot day and a bit drizzly earlier when we took Dillon. thankfully he didn't want to be out to long today.

Expect your pc feels the same as you Moyra it needs a break.
griff hope the slabs are still down and you get to see Steve.

Not a lot on here tumbling sheets from yesterday and the washing basket seems to of miraculously grown again overnight. I sometimes wonder how I managed with two boys living at home until into their 20's and changing their clothes every 5 minutes.

We had an issue with the car Monday it hasn't been going far due to lock down so of course the battery has been temperamental. It has been starting with the booster cables we have until Monday, so I was in a right mood as we had no car if Dillon became ill again. We ordered as recommended by our garage a couple of months ago when it went down for battery testing which was fine, Gorden was advised to buy a solar trickle charger as she said our car needs a good run out at least 2 to 3 times weekly big car, big engine diesel and so needs a lot of runs.
Due to the weather we haven't been running it to the nature reserve and back a couple of times a week so of course and with the cold it almost died.
We ordered a battery charger always had one at one time but for some reason no longer owned one and the solar trickle charger, which apparently works in daylight even if dull we shall see.
Anyway battery charged put Dillon in the back late yesterday afternoon and took for a longish run along the A17 so we could it get it to 70 mph for a good hour there and back.
Hopefully problem sorted I go into meltdown now if no car regards Dillon.

Stay sfae everyone.
I will have to try to make sure to take the car a good run as not going anywhere at the moment work is 5 minute drive away.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2021, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
If he gets the sack, it would most likely be a good thing for him, it would force his hand to actually go and see this other fella about a job or do what he wanted to do...move away, you can drive a bus anywhere... can't you??
Yes you can but would it put him deeper into himself?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2021, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Oh yes griff everybody suffering. Gorden has a little testy thing and the battery is good after sitting overnight, not so cold last night though as it has been.
We will have to keep a better eye on it, I have siad every time he has given it a boost take it for a run no it will be ok, I give up.
So when things go sideways he gets the very cold shoulder.

Maybe as you say have some space regards Steve. Just don't fall into the trap of being there after Friday if it all goes wrong for him. You cannot be someones prop all the time.

Excellent advice there Lynn.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2021, 03:13 PM
My BIL in law goes him tomorrow YIPPEE I like him have done for almost 30 years now but boy do I want my own space back. Simple things like not being able to sit about before getting dressed like day off before breakfast has been torture. Getting on my nerves now nothing he does but ahhhgggg.

My sister has had a test and negative and J has had a test and negative so apparently according to the GP IF you have had it you will be positive for approx. 5-6 months after.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2021, 03:43 PM
Kazz, nothing in Steve's life will change, his mum made him a spoilt useless person...he expects everything done for him, the other job is lower pay but closer to home and he would be better suited to it....he didn't bother going to get any information about it to even consider the job. I have been raised that if I am not happy with something...work, life etc then change it or at least try to...no point in moaning about stuff.
He had an accident in the garage damaging two buses....one costs £425,000 hence the meeting Friday, he was tired due to the stupid shift patterns, he requested a change in shift for lates and they have just ignored his request...they are supposed to sort it within 3 months... again, he has done nothing about it, had he had the later shift, he wouldn't have had the accident...the only time he ever does anything is if I scream and shout at him and threaten to leave him, I shouldn't have to do that....I find it incredibly frustrating, he has this meeting Friday, the union rep wasn't in when he was in work yesterday, I have told him he must have union representation... apparently the union rep went home sick Friday and hasn't been seen since! I said he must call him today and find out if he can attend the meeting...if not he needs to get someone else to represent him, has he done it?? No.... just sat there playing on his bloody ps5!!! It is honestly like having a child!!! I am not sure if the whole male species lack motivation or if it's the males in my life or if I am highly motivated.
I am pleased your bil can go home......does that mean everyone is now covid free and better?? I do hope so!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2021, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Kazz, nothing in Steve's life will change, his mum made him a spoilt useless person...he expects everything done for him, the other job is lower pay but closer to home and he would be better suited to it....he didn't bother going to get any information about it to even consider the job. I have been raised that if I am not happy with something...work, life etc then change it or at least try to...no point in moaning about stuff.
He had an accident in the garage damaging two buses....one costs £425,000 hence the meeting Friday, he was tired due to the stupid shift patterns, he requested a change in shift for lates and they have just ignored his request...they are supposed to sort it within 3 months... again, he has done nothing about it, had he had the later shift, he wouldn't have had the accident...the only time he ever does anything is if I scream and shout at him and threaten to leave him, I shouldn't have to do that....I find it incredibly frustrating, he has this meeting Friday, the union rep wasn't in when he was in work yesterday, I have told him he must have union representation... apparently the union rep went home sick Friday and hasn't been seen since! I said he must call him today and find out if he can attend the meeting...if not he needs to get someone else to represent him, has he done it?? No.... just sat there playing on his bloody ps5!!! It is honestly like having a child!!! I am not sure if the whole male species lack motivation or if it's the males in my life or if I am highly motivated.
I am pleased your bil can go home......does that mean everyone is now covid free and better?? I do hope so!

Yes and Yes to your last questions and ThankGod I say
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2021, 06:46 PM
Kazz, so very pleased for you....not just because you get your space back but that all have survived and hopefully with no lasting effects
Spoken to Steve...he hasn't rung the union rep, he apparently has no number for him, he said he is going in tomorrow so will ask them for his number tomorrow...I have just informed him that he can't refuse to attend the meeting, he has to ask for a postponement and I doubt they will do it, I have also just informed him that even though he has a spotless record, if they feel that the accident was avoidable and feel it warranted they can put him on his final written warning...I think he got a shock at that. I informed him that he can't just ignore things, life doesn't work like that.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2021, 07:54 PM
No life does not work like that, has he an email address for the union in general.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-01-2021, 08:10 PM
Glad everything is going back to normal for you Kazz.

griff he is a grown up some things he has to deal with I know you want to help him but some won't or cant be helped.
Sometimes people have to learn the hard way and even then some still do not learn.
I will help anybody but they have to make an effort to help themselves to.
I hope all goes well for him and that he listens to some of what you have said.
Remember though you are only human and have your own health issues and problems with neighbours that effects your mum and dad and that in turn affects you to.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2