View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2006, 01:06 PM
May be, but it could be her purchase needs a bit more thought, on the other hand we do not know the circumstances of the breeding of this pup and what care has been taken in this breeding.
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2006, 01:06 PM
Will she LOVE the dog? Yes.

Will she give it all the treatment it should ever need (hopefully none)? Yes.

Is she intentionally supporting a bad practise?? Well - she wouldn't be on here to brag about it would she?????!!

Do we ALL know about potential illnesses? Yes - there is a discussion section and health section FULL of them if she wants to educate herself.

Does she have her own reasons for picking a cross breed? Yes.

Do we have any right to tell her which breed to choose? No.

Just my 2p's
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2006, 01:07 PM
Agree Bohdi, but if someone posts on here we have a right to comment.

Someone seems to have posted oversize photos and I can't keep the thread on my screen, anyone else having this problem, shame but it is now impossible to follow.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2006, 01:09 PM
will she want to post on here again ??? PROB NOT
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2006, 01:11 PM
I think she was posting on the CHAT section to share her happy news though.... not start WW3
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

11-04-2006, 01:11 PM
Ever heard of Dorgis? Corgi/Dachshund x. Apparently good enough for Her Majesty! (Happy Birthday to you Ma'am!)
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2006, 01:15 PM
What a shame really, she only posted because she was happy and wanted people on the forum to enjoy in her happiness I am sure this thread has made a lot of people sad
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by Thordell
Agree Bohdi, but if someone posts on here we have a right to comment.

Someone seems to have posted oversize photos and I can't keep the thread on my screen, anyone else having this problem, shame but it is now impossible to follow.

Oh very sorry about that Thordell - I shall delete them right away

Okay now deleted
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by Thordell
surely we can agree that breeding for money or fashion it not the best way to go.
One point that springs to mind on that, is that it is easy to 'see' the bad breeders in this category...But bad breeders of established breeds may be harder to single out and avoid...I don't see the difference in a breeder churning out any recognised breed of dog because it is the most popular breed right now to breeders of these types of crosses...But it's the ethics of these breeders that is under the microscope while others sit back happily being unnoticed because all these questions don't arise without a much bigger cause for concern. I really do see the point of both sides though.

I do think that unless they are going to actually make a breed out of these crosses and plan on being long established then it would be best for them to just be referred to as what they are crossed with...It's a bit much having every new cross given a name made up of the two breeds they are from, that's what I find irritating. Personally I would be more embarrassed of the silly names they are given and would prefer to call it by what it was crossed with...lol...Still it's all just a name...

But it might be a bit much to have all this discussion on this one owners thread, if they were a breeder then fair enough.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2006, 01:25 PM
Good luck with your Schnoodle puppy and can't wait to see it
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >