05-04-2008, 09:14 AM
Wishing Meg well soon.xx
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2008, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
My thought is pyometra alert as well
It`s not that uncommon in bitches under 5, my girl was just over a year when she had it.
Also, if it were closed pyo, [ which my girl had ], there are rarely any outward signs, no leakage / discharge like with open pyo, temp, behaviour, and appetite can be as normal as usual - again, as was the case with my girl.
The vet got quite a shock when opening her up for `routine` spay to find she had closed pyo ready to rupture - even the pre-op check gave no indication - and could in itself have been enough to make her rupture during palpitation

Hopefully your lass might just have a mild general infection or tummy upset which can be easily sorted, but you are right to take her to the vet to be on the safe side - I think perhaps you have already considered pyo hence being so vigilant and maybe seeing if that`s others first thought too ?
Always trust your instincts on something like this, but fingers crossed that its not something as worrisome after all
x
Patch I had an awful,heartbreaking experience with it too.My Cocker bitch Amber went about as happy as Larry eating normally,was full of life.She was 3yrs when she came to us and overweight we tried every trick in the book to get the weight off her.I even accused oh of feeding her crap etc when I wasn't around.Anyway we took her to vet and she said she's just a little over weight,put her on a diet etc.Took her home and within a week she all of a sudden started drinking loads and just wasn't right.Took her back into vets and they did an emergency spay,washed her organs etc.We got her back the next day with pk and abs.Man I fought with her for a whole week,sleeping in my hallway with her,never left her side and ended up loosing her due to peritonitis.We were gutted.
Now I have seen other bitches who have also had this,mostly thankfully open pyo though and guess what all were fat bitches.So my advice is if your bitch seems a tad over weight,get it checked as closed pyo is one mean silent killer,xxxxxxxx
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2008, 09:20 AM
I only knew my 2 year old had a pyo because the boys wouldn't stop sniffing her like she was in season again. Had her in he spayed her and found out she had an infection. Hence if any of my boys show more than a passing interest in my girls when they aren't in season I get them checked out.
Becky
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2008, 09:50 AM
Oh Sal, big hugs and lots of healing vibes coming your way and Megs way. Please keep us posted and remember we're all rooting for her. xxxx
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2008, 10:11 AM
I nearly lost a bith 2 year's ago due to pyo she was in-season and was so ill I slept in the kennels with her had her on heat syringed fluid's in as the vet stated she was too ill to go stright on to GA, so for 4 day's I cried hugged and loved her injected oxcy in to her along with anitbiotics and afer 4 days the vet said yes we will spay her now, and boy It's hard watching your babies be ill.
Sal the dogsey prayer's and your own love will pull her through I'm sending prayer's and hug's she be ok.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2008, 10:22 AM
Ok,
Vets have just called,all tests completed and my little
girl has Pyometra.They are doing an emergency spay now.
She will be kept in at the vets for at least 48 hours,she is very poorly.

I'm just in bits.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2008, 10:36 AM
oh no jsut caught this. I hope Meg is ok and is home soon , losts of healing vibes.
xxxx
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2008, 10:40 AM
Sal, It is so upsetting isn't it, but she has been a well looked after dog and in good health so she has a very good chance of pulling through. I know it's so hard I have been there, I hope and pray everything will go fine for her.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2008, 10:55 AM
Hope & pray that the operation is a complete success & your girl goes on to live to a ripe old age,
Teddysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Fingers crossed for you.

Julie and Teddy
Page 5 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »