Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Emma.b
New Member!
Female 

01-06-2012, 03:57 PM

Wainwright or skinners?

I'm just wondering which is best...wainwright or skinner?

I'm having trouble with my dogs stomachs i was feeding JWB duck and rice and changed to ocean flavour....i regret that i didnt change slowly as i assumed they would be ok with it being the same brand But nope, they have ended up with very runny poo's.

So i've been looking about and read that skinners is very similar to JWB but cheaper, which is always good. And wainwrights has some good reviews too. But i was just wondering if any1 with experience of these foods could let me know how they got on?

I'm currently feeding plain rice and chicken breast to get there bellys right, then will slowly mix in which ever food i end up buying.

Any help would be appreciated x x
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2012, 04:04 PM
I have fed both and got good results. I used the wainwright Salmon and potato with a dog that had allergies. Also used the salmon and rice for the same dog changing between the two never caused an upset at all.
ljru1970
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-06-2012, 04:59 PM
I used to feed JWB and always swapped flavours each new sack, without any upset tummies. It may not be that was the cause?

I tried Wainwrights with mine but didn't think it was much cheaper, skinners is though & mine have also tried that too!

You could try looking into CSJ, I eventually swapped my Goldie from JWB to CSJ, it's half the price with comparable ingredients.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2012, 05:19 PM
They are very very similar. The main difference is that Wainwrights is more expensive. A 15kg sack of Wainwrights Duck and Rice is £36.99 whereas you can get a 15kg sack of Skinners for around the £20 mark.

Because it is cheaper and easier to get ahold of, I would choose Skinners. Not that I'm biased or anything!
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-06-2012, 06:03 PM
There is now a (( CSJ No Grainer )) which you might like to take a look at.

Are you sure it's the kibble? Whisper's been a bit 'runny' lately - she's fine again though now and I haven't changed her food - I've put it down to the extreme heat (and perhaps the vaccinations she's recently had too). She was a different dog altogether today as it's nice and fresh.

ETA: Have also ordered some probiotics for her which am hoping will also help.
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-06-2012, 09:40 AM
My dog had runny poo's when she was younger on JWB so i put her on WW as it's lower fibre but pretty much the same, similar flavours too and she loved it.
She's back on JWB as she was getting a little constipated on WW, she is 11 though
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-06-2012, 10:15 AM
Simpsons premium grain free sensitive range is very good 45% chicken or salmon or what ever and found it much better than JWB and Skinners and it's cheaper than JWB and price is not tooo bad compared to Skinners because I find you need to feed more Skinners than Simpsons.
One of ours had colitis in the past so started feeding this and have not looked back.

HTH
MooLoo
New Member!
Female 

05-06-2012, 10:21 AM
Have you thought of Fish4Dogs, thats what I feed after swapping from JWB, the difference was amazing!
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Skinners here and no problems despite very sensitive tummys.. good for the pocket too
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Oh forgot to say, my dog and some others get really bad gas on it too
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >