Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-08-2011, 10:28 PM

Got some bad news this evening

Some of you might remember that I house sat for a daschund breeder and her 5 long haired minature bitches?

Mrs Thomas is an amazing lady who has battled cancer for the last year, and I thought was doing really well as she had been out with her girls for walks more and looked a lot brighter. She told me today that she has been given 3 months at most

All her girls have homes lined up and will be going in the next month or so, I just cant belive it. I was going to go with her to Discover dogs in november to help on her Daschund stall

Ive known this lady since I was tiny, always walked round the park with her and all of her dogs and she taught me so much about being a dog owner. I know this sounds selfish cause shes not family but Im devistated

Im not really sure what Im expecting from this thread but I guess I just need a hug
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2011, 10:47 PM
((((HUGS)))) I hope you can enjoy the time you have with your friend. It's hard to lose someone close regardless of if they're family or not. I'm sorry for the news you've recieved.
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-08-2011, 11:14 PM
aww, I am so sorry to hear of your news. This lady sounds as if she has given you so much to share in your life.

((((hug)))) and best wishes x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2011, 06:22 AM
Oh hon, that's very sad.......

*hugs* xx
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2011, 07:00 AM
I hate that disease with a passion!!! It stole my sister away from me 3 weeks ago. I am so deeply sorry to hear of this tragic news. I hope and pray that your friend remains comfortable. Massive hugs to you, it is so devastating. xxxxxx
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-08-2011, 07:30 AM
Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
((((HUGS)))) I hope you can enjoy the time you have with your friend. It's hard to lose someone close regardless of if they're family or not. I'm sorry for the news you've recieved.
Originally Posted by Deb/Pugglepup View Post
aww, I am so sorry to hear of your news. This lady sounds as if she has given you so much to share in your life.

((((hug)))) and best wishes x
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Oh hon, that's very sad.......

*hugs* xx
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
I hate that disease with a passion!!! It stole my sister away from me 3 weeks ago. I am so deeply sorry to hear of this tragic news. I hope and pray that your friend remains comfortable. Massive hugs to you, it is so devastating. xxxxxx
Thankyou all, Lilypup I remember reading about your sister Im so sorry she was taken from you. I dont really know what to do with myself this morning, I have to go round and see her at some point as I left a few bits from when I was housesitting but I dont think I could hold it together right now, seeing all the girls together for the last time with their mum who they just adore. My poor OH didnt know what to do with me last night!

I just hope she goes peacfully, I cant remember what cancer she had but I have a feeling it was bowel/stomach area and that its very agressive
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2011, 07:36 AM
Aw I am very sorry to hear this. One of my family members had bowel cancer, and it wasn't nice,but he did go peacefully which in a way is nice. Going around to see her today is a lovely idea, and will probably do you both good.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-08-2011, 08:36 AM
I am so sorry. Gordens mum was taken at 40 with bowel cancer 33 years ago it was not nice. His Uncle recently lost his battle to the same disease and he had a very peaceful passing. In fact it wasn't until it was to late his doctors even realised he had it. It was masked by his diabetes and other medical problems. My sister also has cancer but a different type at the moment she is doing well and we hope it continues that way.

Enjoy the time you have left with your friend and big (((hugs))). Xxx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2011, 09:02 AM
Oh Sam, so sorry to read this you must be devastated.

{{{{ hugs}}}} to you.
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2011, 09:44 AM
I am so sorry that you face losing a close friend. She has done a great thing by finding homes for her dogs.

I can only send a huge hug and hope her journey isn't too painful.

The c word is a horrible thing

Xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >