Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2007, 08:46 AM

Natural yogurt

just a quick question, since skye was ill a a week or so back , she is fine now thankfully , i was given her natural yogurt as she was on anti biotics , and of course beau and lady had to get there share , they have now developed a real taste for it , i was just wondering is it ok to give them it on a daily basis , they just love it ,
thanx in advance for alll replies xxdk
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

13-09-2007, 09:58 AM
I only give it to mine if they are a bit loose , but don't see that it would do any harm on a daily basis.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2007, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
I only give it to mine if they are a bit loose , but don't see that it would do any harm on a daily basis.
thanx eunice , the have a real taste for it now , and was a bit worried on given it on a daily basis xxdk
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-09-2007, 11:09 AM
Ollie has a teaspoon once daily in with his dinner along with a crushed clove of garlic sunflower oil 2 tsps cod liver oil 11/2 tsps and a tsp of honey.He is absolutely fine.
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2007, 11:37 AM
Wow Ollie a well cared for dog, at last someone like me who uses the honey and garlic etc yippee am not somuch a nutter after all!!!!! would think the yoghurt ok
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2007, 11:58 AM
could I just ask what benifits honey and garlic have? I have never heard of giving them with meals.... thanks
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-09-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by melsgems View Post
could I just ask what benifits honey and garlic have? I have never heard of giving them with meals.... thanks
Garlic is a good flea control and I must say I haven't had to give Ollie any flea treatment this summer.Infact I have never deflead him in 15 months of him living with us his breeder feeds hers dogs this way also.
Honey is a good all rounder for the body same for dogs as for humans I suppose.I have a cat also he doesn't get garlic so I frontlined him.Ollie plays with lots of other dogs and is field walked all summer unless very wet.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2007, 12:30 PM
My dogs have always had live yoghurt, it's brilliant for settling aching tums as well as for replacing the good bacteria lost with ab's. I've never given honey, but I will do now, and of course, the best honey to give them would be the Manuka honey from New Zealand which is a natural antibiotic in itself!

As to the amount, I usually give a whole pot, a small one? I use the Activia Cereal variety not a fruit one, and in the summer when it's really hot not often I know I freeze the pots, so they get a sort of ice lolly of yoghurts which they adore!! I might just put a couple in the freezer now for Georgie, coz he does love them and he takes ages to eat a frozen potful.
Lara'sYorkies
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-09-2007, 02:28 PM
My gang get live yogurt 2-4 times a week, I think it would be fine to feed some everyday.