View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 04:14 PM

Does your doggy daycare also walk your dog?

Iv been seeing more threads on daycare and dog walkers and it got me wondering if the daycares only let them out as a group or if they will walk them individually too?

(I realise many may not due to numbers etc but but surley some would?)

Basically, my dog loves the company of most dogs however, I would still like him to be walked individually too (during the day) but would that usually mean having to pay a dog-walker, as well as the day care? and for people with the day cares and individuals who are dog walkers, would that be considered ok?
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 04:37 PM
I would be suprised if many daycares could offer individual walks. Some dog walkers will, you might find one who would keep him all day if he could go with other dogs the rest of the time, or maybe they could drop him at a daycare afterwards. Perhaps he could be dropped off at home for a while if they had to do another dog on an individual walk? I'm guessing it would be quite expensive though

Why do you want him walking seperately? I'd probably do the daycare and then walk him myself on an evening/weekends
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 04:45 PM
just wondered really, we have kennels here that will take your dog out individually for one walk and then let them out in a paddock for a free run for their second walk on thier own. Their kennel is individual but if they get on with dogs I think they are allowed out with others in the paddock at times for a play with others. I just wondered if daycares had something similar.

My dog likes the company of others but I think if he was being with other dogs all day i.e. 10-12 hours then he would appreciate a bit of time on his own away from them too. Not only that but although he gets on with dogs, if one male is pushy towards him too often, he will soon get fed up with that! lol and on the other hand he can be too much for others at times...so just thought it would benefit all if these situation were avoided?
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Ah! right! Sorry, I wasn't thinking about a kennel set up. I'm sure most kennels would do a similar thing.
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-01-2011, 05:40 PM
I think it would depend on the number of staff at the daycare.

I run daycare from my house and dogs staying with me do not get left, ever, unless I have instructions from the owners to do so (for example I look after a GSD with hip dysplasia every Wednesday and he is not up to the longer walks I do with my walking doggies). I would not be able to do individual walks because I simply don't leave dogs on their own and certainly couldn't leave Kiba on his own and walk someone else's dog because of his separation issues.
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 06:57 PM
all the dogs that come here get what their owners require, if they want individual walks that what they get