Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2013, 07:08 PM

Munch - my sister's Staffy

She sent me this pic today (sends pics most days!) with the caption...
Ahhhh I dropped my toy!! I will keep staring at it til you pass it to me!!

My darling sister who didn't have ANY pets all her life until she was in her late 40s and rescued Munch. And now she is TOTALLY SMITTEN. Won't even go away for a weekend unless they can take him! Only comes to see me if one of her family can stay home with Munchy!

Her twin daughters never stop reminding her that she wouldn't let them have a dog when they were growing up lol!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-06-2013, 07:18 PM
Ha they are funny aren't they ? Doesn't take them long to make us their slaves and train us.

He is a lovely looking boy.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2013, 07:48 PM
Gorgeous, love his spotty ears
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2013, 07:50 PM
Yep! Here's Munchy with his bad split pad in bandage. Don't laugh this is not her house this is how much kit she brings with her on a visit lol! This was visiting Mart when I was there and they only stayed about an hour lol!

Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2013, 07:51 PM
With Lisa the daughter who has recently left home to live independently. And who wasn't 'allowed any pets' when she was growing up lol!

On Lisa's bed with one of his pals!

My sister is in this one somewhere lol! That would be the sister who never wanted any pets!

Munch is the BEST ambassador for Staffies in the whole world EVER!

Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-06-2013, 08:06 PM
Great photos he looks a wonderful boy.

Your sister and Munch were just waiting for each other even if it did take 40 years.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Great photos he looks a wonderful boy.

Your sister and Munch were just waiting for each other even if it did take 40 years.
Absolutely correct Lynn. She doesn't even look abashed when reminded that she NEVER wanted ANY pets. It's actually her husband's dog (but don't tell her that - her husband stayed home with him while she was here for a week last month and she phoned every day to see how he was and keep on at him 'PUT MUNCHY ON SKYPE' there she was talking to the blerdy dog on the webcam lol!

She gets REALLY miffed if he leaves her sofa to go and sit with someone else! I'm so pleased for her that she has a dog at last (albeit it was against her wishes) and couldn't have a BETTER dog. She's like a pig in sh1t with her dog now! Sleeps on her bed too. On strict no wheat or whatever diet. She is now the world's best dog EXPERT lol!

Of course Bella doesn't match up to Munch in any respect in her view!

Oh, and when I dogsat for them while they were away for a weekend I got a long list and copious notes about what to do. That would be me - 16 yrs older than her and who has had dogs all her adult life!

They used to go to Rome, Dublin, Croatia, Amsterdam and all that - now it's Yorkshire Dales cottages that accept dogs lol!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-06-2013, 08:16 PM
It amazing isn't it that it just needs the right dog to come along and they are worse than we are who have had dogs for many years.

I love the talking to Munchy on Skype.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2013, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
It amazing isn't it that it just needs the right dog to come along and they are worse than we are who have had dogs for many years.

I love the talking to Munchy on Skype.
Correct. They were just made for each other. She's my favourite little sister and he is my favourite Staffy! I'm actually THRILLED that she not only has a dog at last but that her dog is her WORLD now!

She is the head honcho for the Pensions Dept of Hampshire CC. But if Munchy needs ANYTHING she will abandon her post now and rush home even just to make sure he's seen someone or been out to pee!

If you saw these two together you would see a perfect example of the truth that dogs RELIEVE STRESS. She got him after a year in hell when her hubby almost died after a near fatal police motorcycle accident.

When she's with Munchy she is SO relaxed and happy.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

10-06-2013, 08:39 PM
Aw he is a beauty! Getting lovely and spoilt!

Those are all lovely photos.

Thanks for sharing
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >