Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2007, 08:40 PM

Max is acting very strange tonight

I just can't make him out when I got in from work he did his usual "oh my god I haven't seen you for like ... ever!" routine then I took him out for a walk. When I got home I had to go to hydrotherapy, he has three other people in the house with him so I wasn't leaving him alone. Just before I went, I called him in from the garden to say goodbye (I'm soft I know!) and he came as far as the back door, and refused to come any further. I walked over to him instead and he put his ears down, looked really worried and then layed on the floor It was almost as if he was afraid of me

When I got in from hydro, he did his mental routine again, then came and layed by my feet and refused to move. He wouldn't come into the kitchen for his dinner when I called him, just layed in the living room looking sorry for himself.

Now he's eaten his dinner and is running around like a loon
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Maybe he knew mummy was going out , and he missed you when you left , so he was letting you know how sorry he was feeling for himself , ah big hugs max xxdk
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2007, 08:29 AM
Aw bless him, sometimes I wish they could tell us what theor thinking... I agree though, I bet he missed you when you went out..unless of course he has dug a huge hole in the garden and was feeling sheepish about it...!!! (only kidding!!) xxxx
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2007, 08:45 AM
ha ha I get this all the time with my JR- I'm convinced its a ploy to get us worried

Cath
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2007, 08:52 AM
This may help explain Max's behaviour:

MIND GAMES DOGS PLAY WITH HUMANS

Act like a convicted criminal. When the humans come home, put your ears back, tail between your legs, chin down and act as if you have done something really bad. Then, watch as the humans frantically search the house for the damage they think you have caused. (Note: This only works when you have done absolutely nothing wrong.)

Let the humans teach you a brand new trick. Learn it perfectly. Then the humans try to demonstrate it to someone else, stare blankly back at the humans. Pretend you have no idea what they're talking about.

Make your humans be patient. When you go outside to go pee, sniff around the entire yard as your humans wait. Act as if the spot you choose to go pee will ultimately decide the fate of the earth.

Draw attention to the human. When out for a walk always pick the busiest, most visible spot to go poop. Take your time and make sure everyone watches. This works particularly well if your humans have forgotten to bring a plastic bag.

When out for a walk, alternate between choking and coughing every time a strange human walks by.

Make your own rules. Don't always bring back the stick when playing fetch with the humans. Make them go and chase it once in a while.

Hide from your humans. When your humans come home, don't greet them at the door. Instead, hide from them, and make them think something terrible has happened to you. (Don't reappear until one of your humans is panic-stricken and close to tears).

When your human calls you to come back in, always take your time. Walk as slowly as possible back to the door.

Wake up twenty minutes before the alarm clock is set to go off and make the humans take you out for your morning pee. As soon as you get back inside, fall asleep. (Humans can rarely fall back asleep after going outside, this will drive them nuts!)

Cath
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-09-2007, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by Zetacharlie View Post

Act like a convicted criminal. When the humans come home, put your ears back, tail between your legs, chin down and act as if you have done something really bad. Then, watch as the humans frantically search the house for the damage they think you have caused. (Note: This only works when you have done absolutely nothing wrong.)

Let the humans teach you a brand new trick. Learn it perfectly. Then the humans try to demonstrate it to someone else, stare blankly back at the humans. Pretend you have no idea what they're talking about.

Make your humans be patient. When you go outside to go pee, sniff around the entire yard as your humans wait. Act as if the spot you choose to go pee will ultimately decide the fate of the earth.

Draw attention to the human. When out for a walk always pick the busiest, most visible spot to go poop. Take your time and make sure everyone watches. This works particularly well if your humans have forgotten to bring a plastic bag.

When out for a walk, alternate between choking and coughing every time a strange human walks by.

Make your own rules. Don't always bring back the stick when playing fetch with the humans. Make them go and chase it once in a while.

Hide from your humans. When your humans come home, don't greet them at the door. Instead, hide from them, and make them think something terrible has happened to you. (Don't reappear until one of your humans is panic-stricken and close to tears).

When your human calls you to come back in, always take your time. Walk as slowly as possible back to the door.

Wake up twenty minutes before the alarm clock is set to go off and make the humans take you out for your morning pee. As soon as you get back inside, fall asleep. (Humans can rarely fall back asleep after going outside, this will drive them nuts!)

Cath
Excellent.
Sounds like Max was sulking because you went out.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2007, 09:03 AM

MIND GAMES DOGS PLAY WITH HUMANS...
Goodness, this is what both Max and Murphy do as well....
Dolly
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2007, 09:03 AM
I'm sure your right!
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2007, 07:25 PM

Cath
that gave me a good laugh!
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2007, 08:34 PM
when we used to go out without harvey he would sit in the hall and shake,the first time he done it i thought he was sick,the next time he done it we was going out and leaving him,he done the same,the next time again he shuk real bad so i put a blanket around him and he was fine,he then got used to us going out and was ok,it was because we were leaving him the silly dog xxzbx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >