Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2011, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by KateM View Post
Hum, well it goes a bit like this...

car draws up, i exit car, i start telling the dogs to shut up before I've got the key in the front door (via vent in from kitchen to driveway).... battle with shopping bags/work files etc into the hall still telling dogs to shut up... greet cats on stairs... tell dogs to pack in leaping against the door...oh and to shut up...

Open kitchen door and fight way through baby gate whilst the 4 members of the mob twizzle around, generally bounce up and down and try to get my attention, oh no, wait, not quite, 1 will try to get straight into the shopping bags and at least 1 other will race through to see if there is any chance of getting a cat.

Herd dogs back into kitchen, shut baby gate, go back and fish the puppy back out the hall and move in a vauge shuffling way through the dogs now determined to trip me up towards back door, tell dogs to be quiet, unlock back door, remind dogs to be quiet, open door a crack, and shut straight away as dogs are not quiet.... eventually open back door... dogs rush out into garden.... I tell them that they have a different definition of the word quiet to the one i know.

When they've done what they need to in the garden and have come in again (after i've threatened Gretchen with all sorts of things unspeakable if she doesn't shut up) they get a fuss.
bedlam then!!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Cherry jumps up and does her lovely Kerry smile at me and sometimes yodels!

Parker puts his head in my bag to see if I've been to the charity shop on the way home from work and bought any toys for him!

If my husband is working night shifts and is home when I arrive back from work I do go and give him a hug first!
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-05-2011, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
bedlam then!!
Yep - tis a fair description of it...

luckily I have very tolerant neighbours who themselves have extremely noisy children... I don't moan about the children, they don't moan about the dogs, works quite well in practice.... that and between the hours of 10 pm and 5.30 am (when neighbour's son's carer comes in and wakes up my dogs in the process) there is complete quite (usually!) from the dogs.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-05-2011, 08:27 PM
I have to pass baggage control where he sticks his nose in every bag to make sure nothing interesting's entering the premises without his knowledge, then he sits down, but bobbing up and down as his tail's going too fast for him to stay sat down properly until I let him jump up to say hello and get a hug (because he obviously likes jumping up to greet us we taught him to do it only when we give him permission - ok if we're honest we like the enthusiasm too but it makes it manageable and used in appropriate situations)... then he wanders to his toybox to give you a toy.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2011, 08:36 PM
My two are always silently waiting for me in the hall. I can see them through the glass door of the porch. I go in and then bang on the door if OH is around to save me having to look for the key in my tip of a handbag!

Then I go in and say "Boys! Boys!" in a mock-exasperated voice, as they both vie for my attention and barge each other out of the way. I try and always make sure I greet Tai first, and I will say to him "My best boy!" and give him a great big cuddle, and then Ben usually does his dive through my legs and out the other side, which is exactly what his father used to do to me, and I then grab him and give him a big cuddle and kiss and tell him he is my worst boy!! I then pour myself a huge glass of wine!!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2011, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Afraid my neighbours calling the police and all the hassle of last year means I get no greetings now

I just ignore him

hate my neighbours

used to get happy whiny yips with a full body wiggle and them him zooming off to find toys
God how awful Ben, can't you ignore the neighbours instead of the dog? They sound absolutely vile
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2011, 08:37 PM
I wonder what I have done wrong with Cherry and Parker as my old dog, Rusty, who was a Cairn terrier, used to do something useful when I came home and he bought me my slippers!
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Depends whether Rupert's crated or not. If he's crated I call out "Hi Boo!" as I come through the door then when I'm ready I let him out of the crate and give him a fuss and let him out in the garden. He's usually only crated if I'm going shopping and am going to be gone a while though.

If he's not crated I get met at the door by a wiggly dog and the routine generally goes like this. "Let me in, come on, back up, no, not upstairs, in the front room, let me in, get your head out of the bag" and then once I'm in and have put down anything I'm carrying I make a fuss of him.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2011, 10:27 PM
If rob is home and they are out then they bark when I pull up in the car, charge to the door and run around in circles moving towards the kitchen.
If no one is home then they stay quiet until let out then run around in circles moving towards the kitchen.
ATD x
DexNjj
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-05-2011, 05:30 AM
I park near the chain link fence, so when I arrive home I get out of the car and say "OFF!" because the puppy always has her paws up on the fence. Then the big dog gets petted through the fence because he is behaving and doesn't have his paws up on the fence, then the puppy gets petted through the fence when she successfully keeps all four on the floor.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »