Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2010, 02:01 PM

JML Halogen Oven

We bought one a couple of weeks ago, we got it off the market for £10 because the bowl was cracked, it was completely broken by the time we got it home but we managed to buy a replacement bowl direct from JML for £10 so we feel we have a bargain as they are usually in excess of £40 round here

It came with a booklet about how it works, and we have the metal trays for inside the bowl. We didn't get a box and there isn't a recipe book so, I wondered, does anyone have one and what do you cook in it?

I was against us getting one as I cannot see how you can cook a complete roast dinner but Clive insists you can, and that you can do pizzas and all sorts in it...I would hate to be proven wrong but, then again, if it is as good as it's cracked up to be it will save me cleaning the cooker
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2010, 07:12 AM
You can buy the handbook from here for £4.99
http://www.jmldirect.com/The-Halogen-Handbook-PH1505/
that has recipies and things to cook in it
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2010, 03:52 PM
I have one of these and, frankly, wouldn't be without it.

Try and get the extension ring, as most joints are too big for you to be able to use the higher rack for anything else.

It does the best jacket potatoes ever!

Mine had to be returned as it had a fault and I was without it for two weeks - nightmare - I really mssed it.

scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Thanks Bev and Vicki xx

We've been using it and I have to admit that it's brilliant...I had my reservations about it and tried to talk Clive out of it, now I have to eat my words...no more burnt pizza or oven chips, and I agree Vicki, the jacket pototoes are gorgeous.

I think I might treat us to the cookery book though, and we need to get another stand as we only have the low one in ours.

Have you tried cooking a sponge cake in there? I was thinking about it but not had the gumption to try yet