Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-10-2016, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Good morning everyone, well yesterdays thread went down like a flat balloon, never known it so quiet.
'morning Moyra hope you are feeling better this morning. Yes was very quiet last night, I did look in but couldn't think of anything witty or helpful so didn't post. Not at my best after 10pm anyway so that's why you didn't see me.

I'm often lurking around even if I don't post, as Nippy Jen said I am one of those monosylable communicators
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-10-2016, 12:04 PM
Casey & Lara both in the study (right behind my chair) and Casey knows it's comming up to walkies time and is starting to get agitated so I'd best get them in the car and get going see you all latter.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2016, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
I couldn't take Kota as a pup as she was labelled aggressive and I was told I had to go 2years with no incidents before the insurance would touch her so she got socialized on walks and at training, to be honest she might well be o.k as long as no one touched her as she gets very excited and I am paranoid about her scratching people with her claws
O yes, the dreaded claws! Ben's are pretty lethal, but Tai's were absolute killers. I had to be so careful in the pub because his previous home had taught him to "give paw". I would warn everyone if they asked to give him a titbit about not his lethal teeth but his lethal claws!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2016, 12:28 PM
Lol...TW, I can usually be found shouting all sorts at my pair when they find fox poo, it is the one thing that nothing will distract them from, they are both really well trained but I guess one fault isn't too bad lol
Hiya Harvey, have a good walk....i think it is amazing how dogs just know it's that time of day
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2016, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Took Cariad, Lona and Zen out for a walk and a play on the field, it started raining, a very fine rain, not too bad.Girls had a good time until Zen showed Lona the pile of grass cuttings left to fester in a corner of the field, and no matter what, threats, promises, light hearted calls, they both rolled in it, ate it(yuk) and totally ignored me. Eventually Cariad (she was on a line thank goodness) and I made as if to leave without them, and they came charging up. By then it was raining a little harder. Home, handed out bones, changed dogs and off with Mabs and Kesh, it was pouring down by then, stopped to put my likkle hat on and zip up my coat and carried onto the field. Had a good game of ball with Mabs and Kesh, and kept them away from the corner by the simple means of throwing a ball in the opposite direction. Was getting soaked so we headed for home, handed out more bones, skipped out. Brought the bin in and left it soaking in bleach and disinfectant, quick hose of the yard, and back inside. Lona kept coming out, I kept sending her in, then it was Kesh with a bone in her mouth, eventually everyone stayed in where it was dry with clean shavings down. Of course it has stopped raining now and brightened up
Nikki, have told the girls about your Plan, and they immediately got their back packs out and started packing toys and spare bones. Have had to explain it is still at drawing board stage, and they are sobbing in the corner, consoling each other Can imagine your OH's face if WE rolled up His absolute WORST nightmare multiplied by 5
Griff, thought you were quiet, what a confession eh, ready for 'C' and October not out yet
All 5 of the Norties are more than welcome! I have been doing some research on line - in between watching Judge Rinder, mopping the floors, and making a blackberry crumble - and all the pet friendly places that I can find are rules, rules, rules. No dogs allowed upstairs, no dogs allowed on the furniture, only one small dog accepted, £20 charges per dog for cleaning - wtf?? I am sure most people are like me and leave the place clean enough to eat your dinner off any corner of it - sometimes cleaner than when they found it! I shall make it quite clear that ALL dogs are welcome, anywhere, everywhere, any number, but only well-behaved, house-trained humans are accepted!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2016, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Lol...TW, I can usually be found shouting all sorts at my pair when they find fox poo, it is the one thing that nothing will distract them from, they are both really well trained but I guess one fault isn't too bad lol
Hiya Harvey, have a good walk....i think it is amazing how dogs just know it's that time of day
I have never, ever been able to train any dog - be it wolf, labrador, chihuahua, bloodhound, whatever - to leave fox poo! They LOVE it and as soon as they find it down goes the shoulder and in there they get, making sure they rub it well in to both shoulders, rib cage and back end!
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-10-2016, 01:40 PM
Good day folks - Bit busier today thank goodness! I was in the same cleft stick as Harvey, couldn't think of any bon mots or pithy comments - so let it be!
Love the idea of taking Fagin to a pub (I don't drink) but wouldn't need the distraction of "alcofrol" would be too busy laughing at the punters trying to jump out through the windows to get away from the sod! lol ! The other three would doubtless be busy scoffing any crisps/snacks/meals left by the unfortunate victims of his energetic defence of me! I don't need his protection but there seems to be no way of telling him that! He automatically guards any room or vehicle that he's in if I'm with him.
As for fox poo! They all congragate and have a quick sniff then it's all hands to the pumps as they start casting around to see if they can find the ginger vermin that left it behind! They get miles of exercise that way so I'm not knocking it! The worst thing for me is if you get some in the tread of your boots - it never seems to smell until you get home and start taking off your boots - then of course the Mem descends on me (for she can scent the damn stuff better than any hound) and I am roundly berated for my lack of house training.
Good idea the holiday let (Hay etc a very good area) although most anywhere Herefordshire way. Would be inclined initially to advertise in a decent periodical. The Lady,H&H, The Field. Until that is you build up a good clientele. The advertising is a little more expensive but of course, tax deductable. Would also give you a client base that would expect to pay a little (lot) more for a decent service. Nice to be nice but try to remember you aren't running a Dog's Holiday Charity!
Hope you have a good walk Harvey - I too am off out again soon and following that a trip to te Corn Merchants, for a gossip top-up!
Back later - bye fer now!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2016, 01:58 PM
Thanx for the Advice - very welcome. My daughter has told me I am mad not to charge extra for dogs, but I think my way will go down very well. As you say, advertising in The Lady et al is a jolly good idea, and I will be charging top rates. From my own personal experience, we usually pay around £100 a day at least even in January right out of season ... in the good weather, I think the most we paid was £1,000 a week for a luxury 2 bedroom barn conversion in Norfolk. I have always been prepared to pay for the best because at the end of the day it is still cheaper than staying in a 5 star hotel, and I am sure there will be lots of others who think likewise.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-10-2016, 02:20 PM
I think the holiday dog friendly let is a good idea.
Always left anywhere we have stayed with Ollie then Dillon scrupulously clean upon leaving especially as they are such hairy and Dillon slobbery.
Had feedback left for me on my email at how happy and surprised they were the condition we left the place in.

Mark been in touch him and Joel coming back for the weekend and Lauren coming tomorrow. They will drive Joel back sunday evening.
Lauren will stay a little longer think she is on her hols they haven't enough money to go away so will go out for the odd day from here plenty to see and do in norfolk and Lincs.
She asked Mark to ask me if I would mind if she spent some of her holiday here as it is so relaxing. I was surprised seeings as Dillon can be a bit ott with his attention seeking barking and getting in your face.
Lauren is actually frightened of dogs but not of Dillon even when he charges at her at 100 miles an hour as she comes in the door.
Busy weekend ahead for me then.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2016, 03:24 PM
Sounds like you are in for some fun then Lynn.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >