View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-02-2023, 04:07 PM
Wonderful news Chris. Nothing like being home to help you heal.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-02-2023, 04:07 PM
spent the afternoon fitting a new rear porch lock. Another of "Mr Bodget" jobs to correct. Apart from having to level off the wood behind the inside lock itself also the gap between door and frame you could get a bus through. The striker plate was too far from the door but luckily I had a larger one in my workshop so had to use that instead.
That guy who had this place before us was supposed to be a builder, he was not good enough to even put leggo together, no wonder his company went bust.
To be honest I have seen cockups before but never on the scale this guy did in this house to the extent he was in my opinion dangerous.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-02-2023, 05:37 PM
Good job you are able to put things right Barry.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2023, 06:09 PM
Chris, brilliant news about your sister, really really pleased she is home!
Lynn, well done with the quiches, I am going to have left over pasta bake
Barry, a lot of builders own homes are crap because they don't want to spend their own time doing what they do for a living, the guy round the corner was a builder and his house was a death trap. Same with mechanics....we don't want to mess with cars when we aren't on the clock....well most of us don't
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2023, 07:28 PM
Chris fantastic news
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2023, 07:31 PM
Been in the garden all day and thoroughly enjoyed it have jet washed the patio closest to the house still needs another go over as just broke the surface dirt up have not pressure washed them for about 8 years - to be honest could not be bothered - it was a job my Dad loved doing but for some reason I could not bring myself to do it.

Shook myself and thought get to it can see the difference and will have another go when on holiday in March very therapeutic.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2023, 08:19 PM
The last bungalow we had belonged to a window cleaner before us. It took ages to get the windows anything like clean

One thing my sister is miffed about is they say she has to use the zimmer frame they have lent her to move around saying it makes her feel like an old woman. Erm, you are coming up 80 sis One thing baffles me though is why they don't lend the ones out that have trays on. I know from experience that there is no way to carry a drink when using a zimmer frame
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2023, 11:49 PM
Chris, could I suggest a thermos for transporting the drinks and a bag can be attached to the Zimmer...far from ideal I know but saves the risk of spillages and burns.
Kazz, I am going to do my slabs with that algae stuff...wet and forget, I will jet wash if required but they have only been down a couple of years here
Had a lovely evening of searching my YouTube music app and casting it to the TV, don't get very many opportunities to do it, have been nice and considerate and kept the volume down lol. Will take my headphones up to bed with me and have a silent disco
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2023, 08:43 AM
Hope you danced the night away Kelly.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2