View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Lol titch with big dogs remember..... muscles budging ( not really)
I have a very sharp tongue ........
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2008, 09:33 PM
How awful - poor Louis! I'd press charges! Poor lad, he sounds so lovely!

Okay - what age can I start Carys on martial arts training? I want her to be able to defend herself.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-01-2008, 09:37 PM
Depends on the art form, louis started his @ 5.
He can handle himself, shame he didn't carry on. His was karate, eskrima and kickboxing all in 1.
I think its a good think esp for girls, doesn't do them any harm to learn to protect themself.
Lovely @ 16 yr old lad...... he has his moments like all kids, but on the whole ok i suppose.
Lise (inca) has met my 2 monkeys.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2008, 09:53 PM
Sorry about your son. I'd report it, but I will say something simular happened to one of mine when they were 15. At the time my X hubby (Police Officer) said nothing would be done, and he was right. So I caught up with the lad ..................... and it was sorted.!!!!!!!!!!!! lets say he didn't forget, as he didn't go anywhere near my son again
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-01-2008, 07:17 AM
I can understand how angry you feel been there a couple of times myself with my two.
Like Louis they were of an age when I had to respect their wishes mine can hit back too if needed and sometimes surprise people who may think they are an easy target when their backs are turned they get a bit of a shock.
Each time if it had been down to me I would of wanted the book thrown at them,like YS says though thats not likely these days.
I left it to the boys and it never happened again I think if bullies know someone is capable of giving out as good as they get they become scared and tend to stay out of their way in the future and try to find the next easy target.
I hope it all gets sorted for Louis and you.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 09:19 AM
sorry to hear about Louis Marie

as you know i had this problem with my Ben not so long ago, he got hit and i wanted him to press charges but he wanted to let it drop

i have since seen the lad that hit Ben and told him if he ever gets an idea into his head again that he would like to hit my son then he better leave the country afterwards because i will come looking for him and i will hit him ( i hated doing it as it makes me look a bully, but i will defend my kids to the death)

it seems to have worked as he told a few people that i am a nutter
i dont care if i am labelled that as long as my son is safe and dont get hit for nothing

i really hope you can resolve this
and i hope Louise is feeling better soon
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Hi Leo, I think if it were me and my son, I would report it, the police can help you to make a choice about charges, I think if they get away scott free at that age they soon have the opinion that they can do what the like with no backlash, sending huge hugs to your lad, I have been lucky and gordon has got to 17.5 without injury, but I worrie somit awful when he is out, I think most lads get it at some time or other, I dread my reaction when it happens, the urge to send a few large lads to sort it out will be very hard to resist,
You must feel horrid, as parents we try to think sending kids to things like this and keeping them off the streets is a safe option, sadly with the amount of kids who are NOT NORMAL places of saftey are non existant these day,, again hugs to you and your lad, xxx
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Well the reason the cops are interested in him, is because he has a case pending for assault, and other stuff ( i don't know what) but can't imagine the shop keeper to knowing not tell me the truth. Hence why he told me to press charges, Louis is fine and we have talked about it, i think he doesn't want the hassle bringing a charge will bring.
I don't know this lad, but he seems well known.
Thanks guys, i would love to see this nice young boy jacs, he would get a very clear message from me, i can tell you.
Your right shona, i am sure it won't be the last time, he has a black eye it was the fact it was unprovoked but kids like him don't need a reason.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3