Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 10:49 AM

Arghhh Don't know what to do/think job related

Ok well this is just mad. For those of you who don't know I have been looking for a job for the last 6 months or so due to the "type of people" I am currently working with on a daily basis (won't go into it but most don't want to be helped etc etc) SO I have decided to get out of working there. So today I am looking through the paper ever expectantly and saw two jobs I have phoned for an application pack for. Then just as i hung up my phone rang...it was my old work (from 2 years ago) asking if I want to work there as a vacancy has become available

Now I left there for LOADS of reasons, new challenge lost faith in what they were doing, how they were doing it, unrealistic unachievable targets, power crazy management structure and general loss of interest due to the aforementioned factors. Anyway management has changed, staff that have left have gone back(including one who I never ever thought would) Money is the same as I am on where I am and more than what I have been applying for.

Gee it is just such a bolt out of the blue. Its totally thrown me don't know what to think or do. Any advice ideas Greatly welcomed
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Bensmum,
Things change We are very much like our doggies in that we like the staus quo

Companies and organisations change too and often through a change of personell.

Only my opinion but a) You know the job b) some people have returned before you, (including the person you didn't think ever would) and c) it's more money.

Sounds like a 'no brainer' to me

What's the worst that can happen - all the old problems resurface - in which case you leave again

Many years ago I worked for a company for 5 years, in that time one of my colleagues left, came back, left again, came back again, and when I left he was thinking of quitting for the third time
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 11:01 AM
ah go for it! what have you got to lose????

your job hunting already!

Alex
xx
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 11:01 AM
I'd say go and have a look, check it out if it feels that it has changed and you are happy with it then go for it. The fact that they contacted you means that they value your input and that's got to be a plus!
Becky
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 11:03 AM
I agree with Losos...............whats the worst that can happen.
You leave the crap you have now behind, and if the new one doesn't work out, you have to still keep looking.
Either way you've lost nothing Best Of Luck with whatever you decide
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Maybe it was meant to be? I agree with Becky...go and check it out and take it from there.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Bensmum,
Things change We are very much like our doggies in that we like the staus quo

Companies and organisations change too and often through a change of personell.

Only my opinion but a) You know the job b) some people have returned before you, (including the person you didn't think ever would) and c) it's more money.

Sounds like a 'no brainer' to me

What's the worst that can happen - all the old problems resurface - in which case you leave again

Many years ago I worked for a company for 5 years, in that time one of my colleagues left, came back, left again, came back again, and when I left he was thinking of quitting for the third time
I think that is my problem I fear the worst, I just expect it to go wrong and then be in a situation where I am applying for jobs having had time off sick in one job, and then a short period of employment in another.

Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
ah go for it! what have you got to lose????

your job hunting already!

Alex
xx
True it has just thrown me totally

Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I'd say go and have a look, check it out if it feels that it has changed and you are happy with it then go for it. The fact that they contacted you means that they value your input and that's got to be a plus!
Becky
Was going to go for a coffee Becky and see. The person who called me has sort of suggested I don't mention it to anyone else (so what do I do - Post on here of course!!) so I am not even in the position to contact the people who have gone back and ask how/if things have changed
and not sure how I would explain "dropping by" for a cuppa after all this time