Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

19-02-2010, 01:05 AM

How are your targets coming along?

I don't often make new years resolutions, but instead make targets of things I'd like to do. It doesn't have to be things for any particular time-frame, just things you want to do.

Anyone else do it? If so how are they coming along?

Here are some of mine I wrote down late last year:
  1. Get back into Wing Chun (martial arts)
  2. Learn to cook (specifically make healthy meals taste good!)
  3. Actually eat that healthy food and steer clear of junk!
  4. Get a six pack again!
  5. Do lots of charity work
  6. Encourage and promote free thinking (i.e where people don't just take what they hear in the media/what's told them as gospel).
  7. Expose some of the wrongs in this world
  8. Travel the world
  9. Retire by the time I'm 50!
  10. Make my family and close friends happy
  11. lots of stuff I guess

1) Not really got back into it but started practising some fo the stances again in my spare time - Rocky thinks I'm mad as I mix it in with a bit of dancing too
2) Well I've been learning but I'm still rubbish
3) Something I have actually succeeded in! Been on detox for a few months now and feel a lot better on it.
4) Well I'm working on it! Up to 4 now at least! Although I took a photo the other day and it looked like 6 to me!
5) I mentioned in another thread I have been working on something for this (it's dog related too!) not sure when I'll have time to finish it tho.
6) Think I'm always trying to do this - I care about people and only want the best for them.
7) Ditto.
8) Not done any travelling for donkeys years. Guess that's what happens when you get pets lOL
9) I'll still be working when I'm 80 at this rate!
10) I do try!

How about everyone else? If you haven't made a list of goals... make one now
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-02-2010, 06:17 AM
Gorden and I have a list.

He has fulfilled some of his, climbing Snowdon last year after a failed attempt earlier that year due to bad weather. He did the hard route too so was very proud of himself. He has also started doing some charity work.

My list is slower coming together I am sort of achieving some things getting started anyway. Made a start on my dolls house and spending more time on my card making.

The biggest thing I have achieved though is getting the balance right between giving time to my Mum and myself I am giving more time time too me which makes me a happier healthier person.

We are also putting the time into the house now to get it ready too sell for our smaller house and bigger garden. Another idea on the list.

I guess we will never do half the things on the list but it is a good incentive and gives you some goals to work towards. We would like to start visiting some interesting places in the UK and abroad but we will have too wait for that it cannot be done while we have Ollie.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2010, 08:28 AM
I am clearing a sack of rubbish a day! And still going with loads to do.

Comes of car booting etc!

That'll do me---I do train a session with Etta every day as well. That gives me brownie points too!

I have a dolls house with a very browned off family living in it----they have no bedroom furnishings as yet! They are sort of Victorian coming into the 20c. What are yours?

rune

rune
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2010, 08:38 AM
On my list

I want to continue to lose weight, and not eat so much junk food......

Not worry so much, this one's hard for me But I am trying.......
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-02-2010, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
I am clearing a sack of rubbish a day! And still going with loads to do.

Comes of car booting etc!

That'll do me---I do train a session with Etta every day as well. That gives me brownie points too!

I have a dolls house with a very browned off family living in it----they have no bedroom furnishings as yet! They are sort of Victorian coming into the 20c. What are yours?

rune

rune
I am doing mine as Victorian no family living in it yet though so no one to mind about the state its in. I am concentrating more on the outside first.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2010, 09:14 AM
Well I was cutting down on the amount of midweek drinking I do which started well but has gone a bit off track in the last couple of weeks.

I was also buying all my veg, meat, dairy products from the farm shop each week and am pleased to say that one is still going well.

Long term I am planning to start saving money again for a bigger house in a nicer area for when we have kids and so we can have a second dog! I also want to start saving for when I get married - I'm not even engaged yet but there's no harm in being prepared!!

I should also start working on getting my website up and running but the research phase is long and tedious and I don't get much time for it at the minute.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Whats your detox azz?
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2010, 09:59 AM
This year I made more specific goals about my craft buisness, becoming a dog trainer and getting Mia to a happier place
I made more step by step goals and I have to say January I met and exceeded them

The dog ones (because the buisness ones wouldnt make much sense)
1. Work lots more on Mias recal (doing FAB!!)
2. Try and find areas where she can get off lead every other day (managing about 5 out of 7)
3. Groom every week (teflon coat so I get lazy but I have been grooming at least twice a week)
4. A different walk a couple of times a week (yup, been finding lots of new and interesting places)
Azz
Administrator
Male 

19-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Glad your goals are coming along nicely. Guys for those of you who want to improve health, check out my detox: http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=40137 it's helped me a lot over the years
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
I don't often make new years resolutions, but instead make targets of things I'd like to do. It doesn't have to be things for any particular time-frame, just things you want to do.

Anyone else do it? If so how are they coming along?

Here are some of mine I wrote down late last year:
  1. Get back into Wing Chun (martial arts)
  2. Learn to cook (specifically make healthy meals taste good!)
  3. Actually eat that healthy food and steer clear of junk!
  4. Get a six pack again!
  5. Do lots of charity work
  6. Encourage and promote free thinking (i.e where people don't just take what they hear in the media/what's told them as gospel).
  7. Expose some of the wrongs in this world
  8. Travel the world
  9. Retire by the time I'm 50!
  10. Make my family and close friends happy
  11. lots of stuff I guess
1) Not really got back into it but started practising some fo the stances again in my spare time - Rocky thinks I'm mad as I mix it in with a bit of dancing too
2) Well I've been learning but I'm still rubbish
3) Something I have actually succeeded in! Been on detox for a few months now and feel a lot better on it.
4) Well I'm working on it! Up to 4 now at least! Although I took a photo the other day and it looked like 6 to me!
5) I mentioned in another thread I have been working on something for this (it's dog related too!) not sure when I'll have time to finish it tho.
6) Think I'm always trying to do this - I care about people and only want the best for them.
7) Ditto.
8) Not done any travelling for donkeys years. Guess that's what happens when you get pets lOL
9) I'll still be working when I'm 80 at this rate!
10) I do try!

How about everyone else? If you haven't made a list of goals... make one now
I know, post your picture and we can see if it's 4 or 6.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >