Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2023, 07:27 AM

Murky Monday 13th November 2023

Morning all. Well it is wet and windy here this morning just for a change. Hope you all had a good day yesterday and pooches behaved. Soon my daughter in USA will have the patter of tiny paws in early December and then later in late January a few more. As she is now home for a wee while she thought it best to do it now than wait until she was working full time again. The work she was doing closes for two months until January. She has a friend staying with her who has never whelped puppies and is graduating next month to be a vet tech. So, hands on will be a good learning curve. Anyway have a good day everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-11-2023, 09:47 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
It has been murky but the sun is shining now, we are hoping it stays that way as we hope to take Brewster for a little wander in the front garden on lead, change of scenery and to help calm him.
It is very challenging here at the moment. 16 days to go wondering how we are going to do it but we will as we have no choice.
Gorden took a nasty tumble last night taking Brewster out for his wee before bedtime.
We had been talking about taking the tiles up we put down for him to shock absorb his paws when the pasterns were bad. He didn't get round to doing it, they were wet from the rain and Brewster steam trains up the garden on the tiles and Gorden slipped and hit his leg on the edge of the decking and hurt his hand same one again.
Apart from being achy this morning he is ok, he said he felt an old man last night when he went to bed.

Exciting times for your daughter brenda.

I hope everyone has a good day today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2023, 09:59 AM
Good morning Brenda and Lynn

Your daughter will be kept busy during her time off work and all those little paws to look after

Poor Gorden do hope he is ok this morning. You hare halfway there so keep plodding at it Lynn

Wet and windy here. There was a break so took Teazle out for a quick walk but yep it rained before we got home so we are a little damp round the edges but at least she is happy. Nothing planned but if it clears up Barry wants to go to the tip this afternoon.

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-11-2023, 10:18 AM
Morning Sue exciting times going to the tip he knows how to spoil a girl.

We are off to the vets for 12pm. We have some fly snapping (focal seizures).
Started mildly last Tuesday, bit worse Wednesday so we took him off the Tradozone.
Nothing on Thursday & Friday.
Two Saturday morning to take the edge off for the stitches coming out, got home and had problems for the best part of the day.
We decided to give it a day or two probably the Trazodone again.
Yesterday was not too good this morning he has been going on and off since 7.35.

I am thinking about stress and anxiety due to lack of exercise physical and mental stimulation.
The vet it has to be, he gets quite bitey at times also.

He sleeps really well during the night.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2023, 11:50 AM
Thankyou all for your wishes. My friend Margaret got the all clear this morning. I am in tears from relief. Thankyou.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-11-2023, 12:11 PM
tip trip done while weather was ok and not raining
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-11-2023, 01:17 PM
Great news brenda so pleased for Margaret and you.

Brewster got the all clear eye, heart and tummy wise. They are ringing the referral vet to ask if we can start introducing some light exercise and to try him on Gabapentin if he needs the edge taking off the anxiety.
They say the Trazadone has most likely affected him the nurse said she was put in hospital while on it she reacted so badly and the pent up energy he is carrying.
We had no fly snapping while in the car or at the vet and a very slight episode when we got home after 15 mins.

I did say it seems to be anxiety and stress and the Trazadone.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2023, 01:21 PM
Lynn this is why I prefer homeopathy. GordonMac always made me laugh as he was always calling me a witch. Yep maybe. Wish he was still around. Just come back from a blowy walk. Cleared away the cobwebs. Poor spiders.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2023, 02:10 PM
Good afternoon all

Brightish and breezy here with a smattering of rain thrown in sidewards for good measure I think.

Not done much and don't intend to my sister popped in and then back out. LOL

Have fixed my little bedroom door which stuck slightly and annoyed me now opens and closes beautifully.

Brenda Great news brenda so pleased for Margaret her family and of course yourself. Your daughters goning to have her hands full. But good luck to her is she aiming for a pup for herself?

Lynn You can almost feel your frustration and stress on the screen. Chin up and poor old Gorden is going to be a body of bruises by the time Brewster can get out again. Hopefully the vet will come up with the answers that help.

Sue A trip to the tip WOW not really taking the Michael as I need to book one as well. Have a good day.

Chris How is the wrapping coming on and how is your sister getting on?

Griff Hope all is good with you and yours. How did the fire stick not working go down?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-11-2023, 02:42 PM
Kazz stress has been off the radar here over the weekend and this morning.
We were considering giving it another day but focal seizures since 7.35 to around 10.55 needs checking out.
We feel less stressed now and know that once all over he will be fine and nothing underlying is going on.
Poor Gorden is really taking the brunt of it.

I prefer homeopathic too brenda but for this surgery and keeping him as calm as we can for the shoulder to heal I had to consider the bigger picture.
Once all this is over he will be back to everything natural.
Till such time as it was with Dillon he needs medical intervention and pain killers to give him a good life.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >