Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2013, 06:14 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Monday

Good morning all Dogsey Peops

What a great week-end I've had, hope you've had a good one too. Nothing in particular happened and we didn't go anywhere, but having actually spent the week-end with Dave up at the van on Saturday, then here at home, and sitting in my chair watching The Voice for 2 hours each night, it really did make a difference to his mood, blimey, we even laughed lots, and I feel we're now back on track, back in a nice steady old rut, feeling so comfortable with one another.

He even rushed to find a plaster when I stabbed my finger with the carving knife, that I had stupidly left IN the sink upside down, ready for me to shove my hand in there and slice it Two weeks ago, he would have left me to bleed to death It was nice to see that he cares again, even though he said I should know better and is getting even more worried now about my current state of mind. It's pretty bad, but then I blame all that stress.

Got a hectic week here of organising quite a few things we've got going on atm, and although I've currently got 3 different guys on the water problem up at the van, the one I thought of yesterday (my yung mann from down the road who cuts the trees), he went up and met Dave up there yesterday morning and Dave feels confident that he knows what he's doing and will get this job done for us both quickly and efficiently and at the right price, so finger's crossed he rings me back today with a quote and he can get on with it.

Hope everyone is well,and I'm sorry, but I haven't got a hope of knowing who's been doing what, as I only popped in for a quick skim through when Dave went up to the park yesterday, and didn't have time to get involved with the Daily, much as I would have liked to, I'm sticking with this routine of week-days only.

Lynn, hope you mum is settled and happy in the new home and that you can be free from all the worry of it all now.
Jen, I hope today turns out well for your son.
Moyra I read about you both suffering with your backs again, and you have my sympathy after what I went through with mine, so good luck there to the both of you.
Linda and Malka, hoping Loki and Pereg are still fit free.
Bev, huuuuge congratulations to Charly and Ash what a year it's turning out for you.
Jenny, all the best for today if you're visiting your mum again, I do hope she's in a better place and you can come away feeling a lot happier.
Pat, I'm sure you're feeling a lot better cos I read about the new cocktail you were drinking yesterday!
June, hope you've got some money left to last the rest of the month and you don't have to fork out again on another tyre, as I saw you had yet another flat one last time I looked.

Glorious sunny day again today, I'm going to enjoy my morning walk across the road instead of getting in the car to drive up on the top. Dave couldn't believe it yesterday how 2 dogs had tried to assault Zena on separate occassions with no apologies from their owners. One of them walked past and said "don't worry, they won't hurt her" and yet one of them Zena's worst nightmare, a black terrier, had come racing over barking and growling at us although it kept its distance for the last few feet I was the one who had to shout at it though to go away!!! I wonder what people would say if I were to let HER go up to other dogs like that then Hey ho, it was the week-end, I won't get it this morning cos I won't see any!

Enjoy your day, hope you don't have problems that can't be sorted and I'm sure the sun is shining too where you are
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2013, 06:24 AM
Morning H and all

I am glad you had a good weekend H. I hate it when dogs run up like that, I try to avoid times when I think I might meet anyone.

I have had a busy weekend, my friend arrived on Friday night, my dogs were a bit bemused as she had two chi's with her and not two Basenjis as expected. Rufus had evil intentions so there was no mixing!

We went to a show on Saturday at Newbury and had a lovely day out, friends chi won a 4th out of 11 dogs at her first champ show so she was delighted, my two were very good, Taz won his class out of one but boy did he show well, I was so proud of him. Pip was second out of 5, he lost out because he wont use his ears and show his wrinkle, takes after his dad Nubis.

I was working all day yesterday but it was a pleasant day with hardly any dramas for a change!

Hope you all have a good day today.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-06-2013, 06:28 AM
Morning Helena glad things are looking rosy again for you and Dave.
Not more assaults on poor Zena. Enjoy the walk today and hopefully a hassle free one from rude inconsiderate owners and dogs.
We had a lovely weekend too. Not much on today here but I do have to get food for Dillon at some point today the latest being tomorrow.

Jenny good luck to your son today.
Pat I hope your son is doing better this morning and good luck with his presentation and that it seals the deal.
Sally I do hope you are ok. It was a very brief visit from you last night.
Moyra and Steve hoping your backs are feeling easier today.

Everyone else feeling poorly or who has poorly pets wishing you well soon. If you are having a troubled time hoping those troubles go away soon .

Have a safe and lovely Monday all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-06-2013, 06:29 AM
Morning Gerri well done with the showing.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-06-2013, 06:33 AM

Glad you had a good w/e with after all the weeks of aggro and "stuff". Another bad night for me I am afraid, what with Da Booga getting me up twice and then I had the gallopings again although thankfully my neighbour had actually gotten me some Loperamide yesterday. I hope I can catch her today as now the cistern in the original loo is playing silly boogers and it is her responsibility to get it sorted, but as my yard [and the walls of my house] are being taken over by spreading weeks as she still has not got it sprayed, and seeing as how she had her rent yesterday, she will probably now be avoiding me again.

Apart from that everything is fine - I think, but no walks for Pereg today as I dare not stay far away from a loo and my back and shoulder are none to happy either.

Hope everyone is OK and that all poorly people, parents, offspring, siblings and four-legged ones have a better day. Off to do some scribbling now!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2013, 07:02 AM
Morning H and all,
Glad you had a good weekend H, well apart from stabbing yourself and poor Zena having a gobby dog shouting at her.

Malka I hope you feel better soon.

Gerri sounds like you had a hectic weekend, I hope you can get some rest today.

Ash had to leave last night to travel back to the army camp. He will be up training those new recruits now. I am still on a high from the news and they are both just so happy together. Its a shame the army tears the apart like this, but its a good secure job and he is very good at it. Once they are married they will be able to get army quarters together there so Charly and he can be together when she is not at uni.

I have a very very busy morning, but will make the most of this afternoon as its the last day of my holiday and I am back to work every afternoon and evening from tomorrow. That 2 weeks off has gone far too quickly.

Have a good day all at least the sun is shining again
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2013, 07:03 AM

Sorry duplicate post lol
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2013, 07:03 AM

H so pleased to read that you had a good weekend, long may it continue. I was starting to worry about you
Morning Gerry, Lynn and Malka

More drama here I'm afraid. My daughters fiance's Mum is in intensive care in Oxford with Addisons disease, I'm guessing an Addisons Crisis. So they drove up there at midnight last night
Paul has gone back to await his scan. Fingers crossed they do it today.
So just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, Pepsi has just gone out side and thrown up bile stuff in the garden

Hope you all have a good day
Morning Bev, you snuck in there
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2013, 07:04 AM
Morning all. Nippy I hope your luck changes soon
Today I'm mostly just driving back to Exeter. Boring haha
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-06-2013, 07:07 AM