Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 03:47 PM
The tallest dogs I have ever seen is , An Irish wolfhound or a Greatdane xxdk
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 03:56 PM
The biggest dog I have ever seen was an Irish Wolfhound. MASSIVE!!! How you fit them in a car is beyond me.
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 04:00 PM
I would have to say a Great Dane.
I love them.
Sydney was quite phased because she is used to being the biggest dog in the park!!
We also met a six month old Great Dane puppy who was the same size as Sydney !!! Amazing !!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 04:51 PM
When we lived in Grimsby, there was a blue merle Great Dane called Levi. He used to go to training classes at Cleethorpes with his mistress who was a very petite blonde lady and he used to drag her everywhere. That was with wearing a Halti!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-02-2008, 05:11 PM
Great Dane and Newfies here the Newfies who live with Ollies breeder and Nina the Dane who came to stay while waiting to be reunited with her owner, if I could of kept her I would she was adorable. Also my own Ollie BMD he is a big bear of a dog.
We also have a Dane puppy we meet on the field he is 4 months old now and as tall as Ollie already.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 05:40 PM
3 St Bernards..........All brothers. Don't know where the owner lived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 06:01 PM
I've met a few big danes and a newfie in the park but the dog that was sooooo much bigger than I expected was a Russian Black Terrier I had the privilege to pet at Discover Dogs. He was sitting down and was practically resting his head on my chest! I'd admired pictures of them but had never quite contemplated the scale of them!

J
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 06:11 PM
One of my old vets used to breed great danes, and two of them were in the surgery one morning whilst I was waiting and he was trying to weigh them!!! What a fiasco that was, they were complete nutters dragging the poor nurse around the waiting room! Beautiful dogs, love them, and I said to him how much I would like to own one, but he said I really wouldn't they were a nightmare to keep the weight on and had their many problems, and a very short life, so that was it for me, I stuck to gsd's! One day maybe! These were the honey coloured ones with the black muzzles, absolutely gorgeous.
Gina&Jaz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-02-2008, 06:19 PM
I saw a Leonberger at a show once, and it was the size of a large Great Dane, and so fluffy! It was absolutely massive!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2008, 06:25 PM
I met a gorgeous great dane in PAH a few months back and he was huge, even for a dane, both in height and in build. He was a rescue dog, a PAT dog and he was blind. He was adorable.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >