Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
'The Island ' by Victoria Hislop ..I read in on my hols and then swopped it I wish I hadn't

Anything by Harlan Cobham -especially the Miron Bolitar range .

My Best friends Girl ( can't remember the author )

ps where you goin ??

Thanx Murphy, I've bought both the Island and my best friends girl
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2007, 10:03 PM
Glad to hear it, this is one book you'll want to hold onto for your children to read...if you want or have children that is and if not, it's definitely a keeper for the bookcase, the temptation to read it again will come

Have a great holiday, are you going anywhere nice?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

09-01-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by maplecottage View Post
Glad to hear it, this is one book you'll want to hold onto for your children to read...if you want or have children that is and if not, it's definitely a keeper for the bookcase, the temptation to read it again will come

Have a great holiday, are you going anywhere nice?
My sons are 18 and 26 their idea of reading at the mo is either car mags or lads mags

Antigua on saturday for 2 weeks
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2007, 10:15 PM
Teenage boys - it won't be their cup of tea - maybe they'll have daughters one day

Antigua, nice - you must be really looking forward to it, good idea to escape the beginning of the year and the dreary weather

Have fun!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

09-01-2007, 11:02 PM
I also have the incredible lightness of being as recommended by Ramble, Little face by Sophie Hannah which generally received good reviews, also We need to talk about Kevin which won the orange prize for fiction. I have no idea if I shall manage to read them all, but there is nothing worse than wanting to read, being bookless and no decent shops to solve the problem
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 10:29 AM
The only two books I have read recently were The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, both excellent reads.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

10-01-2007, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by DobieGirl View Post
The only two books I have read recently were The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, both excellent reads.
Both are in a cupboard somewhere, Iain reads them but then proceeds to tell me the plot which drives me mad. I think the only answer there is to buy two copies and read them at the same time.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 10:47 AM
Fair enough. Oh I forgot to tell you I finally got hold of a Ceasar Millan book (should have known they are only for sale in America ) I am looking forward to reading that!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

10-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by DobieGirl View Post
Fair enough. Oh I forgot to tell you I finally got hold of a Ceasar Millan book (should have known they are only for sale in America ) I am looking forward to reading that!
What Cesar's Way? I bought mine on Amazon ages ago, and sure Wys or someone said they flicked through it in Waterstones. Enjoy it anyway, I don't think there is a controversial sentence in the book myself
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 12:33 PM
Yes Ceasars way , You recommended it to me a while back when I first got Roxy. I also got it from amazon in the end, but its being imported.

Ooh just thought for books. Have a look in your local tesco garage, our sell books for £3. and they have a really good selection. Big books. I really cant remember the name of the last one I brought. Will have a think.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >