Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-01-2007, 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
I've just finished reading 'Gaskin' by Paul Bedford, it's about a brutal murder which happened in Hednesford, Staffordshire in 1919. This work tells the story of Gaskin's tragic life...

I live just across the way from a place called 'Gaskins Wood' which was the scene of the crime

Seriously though I found the book really intresting and couldn't put it down.
Just had a quick look on Amazon and that one has a 4-6week despatch time, so I think that one will be for a later date.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-01-2007, 12:32 AM
It's available at Waterstones too
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

06-01-2007, 12:36 AM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
It's available at Waterstones too
Ok thanx I'll have a look on Monday when I get my currency sorted out, nothing like a last minute rush is there
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

06-01-2007, 09:26 AM
Anymore suggestions anyone?
gracelund
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-01-2007, 10:26 AM
at tesco's they had 3 for £10 and I was one short so just picked up Dead and Unwed by Maryjanice Davidson it's a bit like buffy from the Vampires side with lots of funny one liners, not all blood and guts I was actually supriced how much I enjoyed it and bought the rest of the series,
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-01-2007, 10:48 AM
'The Island ' by Victoria Hislop ..I read in on my hols and then swopped it I wish I hadn't

Anything by Harlan Cobham -especially the Miron Bolitar range .

My Best friends Girl ( can't remember the author )

ps where you goin ??
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-01-2007, 10:59 AM
I dont "do" books at all untill a few months back, mum gave me a book she had finished. it took me 2weeks to read front to back, the first book in 25yrs LOL

I am now half way through my next one

Its by Tory Hayden, called Once Child. Its a true story, the author is a child phsycologist (sp) and all her books are about the children shes worked with.

Not to everyones tasts.

Enjoy your holiday
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

06-01-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
'The Island ' by Victoria Hislop ..I read in on my hols and then swopped it I wish I hadn't

Anything by Harlan Cobham -especially the Miron Bolitar range .

My Best friends Girl ( can't remember the author )

ps where you goin ??
Oh right just looked up the island when you first said it I was thinking of the film with Scarlett Johanson, but it's the one about a leper colony on a greek island isn't it. The one on Richard and Judy's book club. Had forgotten about that.

Cheers mate, I'm going to Antigua and I always leave the books behind with Patsy one of the women who runs a stall on the beach, she sells t-shirts and stuff, but we have an arrangement where we give her all our books and she lends us any she has if we run out, I usually pop down for a minute and stay for a couple of hours, she's extremely entertaining
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2007, 09:57 PM
My vote too for The Island by Victoria Hislop - the book is brilliant, so much so I might read it again.

Really great story and educational too - doesn't sound like a holiday read? It definitely is fantastic book.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

09-01-2007, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by maplecottage View Post
My vote too for The Island by Victoria Hislop - the book is brilliant, so much so I might read it again.

Really great story and educational too - doesn't sound like a holiday read? It definitely is fantastic book.
That's good to hear, as I have now bought it, perhaps I should have that one as the dogsey bookclub suggestion then.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >