View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2016, 11:47 AM
provided they have the parts, it should only be a quick job doing the starter motor and the battery is a job done in seconds so he may well have it done today.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2016, 11:49 AM
Oh well it's gone but they managed to bump start it so have driven it to the garage that's the 1st thing to annoy him as it has cost £50. If he could of bump started it he could of driven it there.
Trouble is he faffs about we could of gone and got a battery and tried it but by the time he umms and errs I kind of step in and say let's do it this way.
Just like his father in that respect.
Hopefully it won't cost as much and will be easier than we thought.
2nd thing is they might not be able to do it till tomorrow now. So that has peed him right off to. I think I will go and hibernate till it's all over.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2016, 01:00 PM
Back from walking girls and I have a whatsapp message to say labour is in early stages. HURRAH, as I was beginning to wonder if they were ever going to put in an appearance. She is bang on datewise, only wish mine were that predictable,the only predictable thing about them being they aren't
Lynn can you get yourself out for a walk with Dillon so you are not in range at all of all the goings on. I'm like you, stop umming and ahhing and do it because otherwise another day is lost, I was almost at the stage of slashing my wrists when my car was off the road for 5 weeks and I couldn't get anyone interested in sorting it.
Not been to London for an exceedingly long time, and when I did I was of an age when it was exciting and I had money in my pocket. Now is a very different story so I will stay where I am in the quite village where not much happens.
Will keep you updated as to the babies and any piccies I get
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2016, 01:09 PM
Doing the housework June then a shower. See he wasted a day in my opinion yesterday not making a clear cut decision. I offered to take him or lend my car to fetch a battery well it took ages him looking them up.
Only so many times you can suggest ringing the places to see if they have the right battery.
If he had just let the garage deal with it earlier yesterday it might be well on it's way to be done now.
Oh yes I know that feeling of being without a car first the Chrysler then my hand not being able to drive for 3 months. Then the mazda although I did quickly buy an old run around.
Then the one I have now backwards and forwards. Fortunate to have the garage car most times but still not your car.
He is so frustrated and worrying I expect about getting over to Stratford next week for his interview and most likely wound up over that if he got the job he would be on his way to be being back where he wants to be renting his own place living with Lauren and Joel able to visit and stay whenever he chose.
So I'm biting my tongue and I can understand where he is coming from at this moment in time.

Rang Gill she is ok feeling a little sick but not to bad at the moment. lots going on with her 9 year old grandson he is living with his dad at the moment in Wales due to the mother being being pretty damned useless.
What is it with a certain percentage of young women of a certain generation.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-12-2016, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
How sad Andrew Sachs has died. (Manuel from Faulty Towers).
Yes Lynn, that is sad, still can't get over that nasty trick that ignorant slob played on him live 'on air' without warning. Probably haunted him and hastened his death, but of course who gives a dam, slob still appearing on TV and the masses still watching no doubt.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2016, 01:15 PM
Yes Harvey I remember that.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2016, 01:25 PM
Lynn, hopefully the bill will be a bit less then...so even with the recovery charge it will be less money paid out. Pleased Gill is doing o.k
TW, hope all the puppies arrive safe and well and that mum does o.k too
Hi Harvey, yes...you are right, a nasty thing they did
gosh, i am freezing!!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2016, 01:34 PM
Hot water bottle griff.
June sounds like there may the patter of tiny paws by bedtime ?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2016, 02:08 PM
She's gone back to sleep
Won't be long though, by the end of today I would think.
When I hear more I'll update everyone. Graham is pacing the floor, Horatio is oblivious as to whats going on, but knows something is!!!
Oh I remember that, Harvey. Really sick some people, shouldn't encourage them by laughing at them and paying them vast amounts of money to be a rude boorish individual either.
Hope the garage sorts the car out quickly. Like Griff says its not a big job, and a battery is a case of getting the right one, and putting the wires on the terminals in the right place!
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-12-2016, 02:14 PM
Just got my driving licence back from the DVLA
Guess who is a happy chappie
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >