Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-11-2012, 07:15 AM

Morning. Dogsey daily thread Wednesday.

How is everyone today ?

It is a damp and chilly morning here in Essex but does look like it has the promise of brightening up.
I have crossed another day off the calendar and my is it going slow.
I really don't know how those of you in a similar situation manage this and especially those with loved ones in the forces manage. No contact for weeks months, possibly and the fear you must live and that goes for those who had husbands in the last war my mum included and of course there was no internet and rare access to phone it was all letters. Goodness how did they manage ?

On a lighter note Dillon is just polshing off his breakfast a large chicken wing after his meat and biscuits then later we will be going for our walk I think it will be roads today the field is very wet and boggy.
I think Dillon would of loved the sheeps head that Gorden got dished up yesterday in Kazakhstan for lunch. Being the only man he was considered the guest of honour he was the worst person to of given it too he likes his meat well disguised to not look like meat. Then after that he got his first taste of horse meat.
The things you do to pay the mortgage.

Well have a good day all and I am looking forward to saying hello to old and new members of the Daily thread.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2012, 07:24 AM
Hi Lynn, look at me so early this has got to be a record!!

It looks promising for a nice day today, what am I going to do..... ironing!
I wouldn't fancy Gordens sheeps head, we are going to have steak and kidney pie! hahaha
Speak later
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-11-2012, 07:27 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Hi Lynn, look at me so early this has got to be a record!!

It looks promising for a nice day today, what am I going to do..... ironing!
I wouldn't fancy Gordens sheeps head, we are going to have steak and kidney pie! hahaha
Speak later
Morning Jen yes you are early today. Is it the excitement of the morning thread ?
Good luck with the ironing rather you than me.
Enjoy your steak and kidney pie I think poor Gorden will be very grateful for some normal food when he arrives home.
Better start planning my menu.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2012, 07:33 AM
Morning all,

Well great start to the day for me, my watch battery died! I hate not having a watch, I feel nekid without it!

Ah well, two free periods this morning, then I think I have Home Economics and French, after that PE I think this class is still doing basketball so hoping for a game again, really love doing PE now. Hated it in school.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2012, 07:36 AM
Second attempt at this as my first disappeared for some reason- good morning Lynn and all who follow.

It's still only half light here, but it has been raining overnight and the forecast is for dry, but cold and I can live with that.

I do hope that Gorden doesn't get a taste for strange food Lynn - sheep's head for tea - YUCK! .

The new timer we had fitted to fix the hot water a couple of weeks ago keeps sticking and switching itself from timer to permanently on. It's been faulty from the start but OH, as OH's do, preferred to think that it was me keep knocking it when 'messing about' in the kitchen!!!! Men, who'd 'ave 'em. Hopefully the plumber will show today with a new timer that actually works.

I still haven't really made a start with any of the Christmas shopping as I keep putting it off. I really must get my head around it sometime this week though so that everything is ready for when we make the trip over to Barnsley. It won't be today though with the plumber coming.

Just our usual planned for today walk-wise.

Have a good 'un all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-11-2012, 07:38 AM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Morning all,

Well great start to the day for me, my watch battery died! I hate not having a watch, I feel nekid without it!

Ah well, two free periods this morning, then I think I have Home Economics and French, after that PE I think this class is still doing basketball so hoping for a game again, really love doing PE now. Hated it in school.
Morning Lorraine.
Very inconvenient of your watch battery to die on you. I hope you lose the nekid feeling soon.
I haven't worn a watch for years and yet at one time like you I couldn't be without one. The joys of children growing up I think and not worrying about school runs and work.

Enjoy your day sounds like you are having a wonderful time where you are.
Nikki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-11-2012, 07:39 AM
Morning all

I just found how to do avatar so I've got a pic of max with his bronze award!

Just on my way to work on the bus! I hate buses!

Had just quick walk this morning as I have to get my niece and nephew ready for school but no doubt my dad will take them out later and they will have a nice long walk tonight when I walk my friends GSD.

Hope you all have a good day
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2012, 07:45 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

The sun is threatening to come out here so I can cope with that

Poor Gordon being dished up a sheep's head and horse meat I too love meat but I don't deny that I am a hypocrite as I prefer it not to look like an animal The time is dragging for you now but I always found that once you get into a routine it will go pretty quickly and only really drag again when his return is imminent.

I'm off to visit my poor old Mum in her nursing home today so I'm off to walk the dogs first - they usually come with me (as they will today) and everyone loves them.

Have a good day one and all.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2012, 07:48 AM
Morning Lynn and all

It's very foggy here atm, we are quite high up so it may only be here. The wonders of this new technology, how did we ever manage before! It makes me feel old to remember when there were only 3 channels on the box, black and white too and tv wasn't on all day let alone 24/7.

Poor Gordon, I couldn't cope with that sort of food yuk. Dillon is faring better, I gave up on the chicken wings, I worry too much with them.

Wash your mouth out Jen saying that dreaded word, I avoid it at all costs.

No work today, thank goodness! We had a new phone system installed, I cut two people off! There was also a new alarm installed in the strong room so yet another code to remember along with the new door codes and the constant changing of passwords, I can see where this is going to end up come Sunday morning when I open up.

I may take the two young boys out on the bike if the fog lifts and a nice paddle throught the mud with the other 4.

Have a lovely day all.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-11-2012, 07:57 AM
Morning Lynn, morning all

Thanks for reminding me about watches Lorraine, my neighbour took one of mine to get a new battery put in and either she did not take it with her when she went into town or it is still at the bottom of her bag. Or she left it at the shop and has forgotten to collect it. I must ask her about it when I see her.

Still waiting to find someone to take my couch to my neighbour so I can get the floor under it clean before the new one arrives - I saw the guy who lives the other side of her and he said yes yes yes, he would ask one of his friends to come and help him...

But on the bright side Pereg did not get me up during the night, so that must be a bonus!

[I know you do not want to know what the temperature cooking my left arm is so I will not bore you!]

Enjoy your day whatever you do!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »