Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 04:05 PM

Who feeds a grain free dry food?

If so which one and did you notice any difference in your dog?
Jenn~n~Luke
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-11-2010, 04:08 PM
I do! I just changed Luke over to Taste of the wild, pacific stream. It's too early to notice any change, but he always did great on the other food anyway, so it wasn't for improvement, just that he got sick of the Chicken soup, so I decided to switch.
Most people notice a big change in coat health, less poop, maybe more energy, and not eating as much.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 04:20 PM
Is early days and other stuff going on(lot of meds really)but has been grain free food for past couple of weeks(RC), dog seems to be happy eating it though and helping stomach(so far as can tell) although skin has gone bit flakey.
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Is early days and other stuff going on(lot of meds really)but has been grain free food for past couple of weeks(RC), dog seems to be happy eating it though and helping stomach(so far as can tell) although skin has gone bit flakey.
Hi, did you carry on feeding a grain free diet?
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 02:01 PM
Hi Kirsty, yes she's still on grain free, the flakey skin is much better and it seems to have sorted the stomach probs out(touch wood)
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 02:48 PM
I feed grain free (orijen) in an emergency but my main use for it is for tracking training etc.

However I do give dogs grain very occasionally in the form of rice with Natures Harvest vacuum packed food.

They eat raw 99% of the time.
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Hi Kirsty, yes she's still on grain free, the flakey skin is much better and it seems to have sorted the stomach probs out(touch wood)
Which food do you feed?

Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I feed grain free (orijen) in an emergency but my main use for it is for tracking training etc.

However I do give dogs grain very occasionally in the form of rice with Natures Harvest vacuum packed food.

They eat raw 99% of the time.
Wish i could feed my 2 orijen, but can't justify spending that much on a dry food
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 07:19 PM
I feed Orijen here too You might be surprised at how the cost works out. You don't have to feed as much as it isn't bulked out with rubbish the dogs don't need
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-04-2011, 07:21 PM
I feed grain free and raw so he has raw for dinner and Taste of the Wild High Prairie for tea.

As he's been on a mix of raw and grain free food for most of his life there's no 'difference' to speak of. But I will say, I had him on Royal Canin Maxi Junior for a while when he was younger and his poos were often quite sloppy and he had bouts of diarrhoea quite often, now he's on TotW his poos are much much better and we don't have the diarrhoea nearly as often. Also had him on Orijen for a while before we tried TotW but he wouldn't touch it unless I covered it in gravy or added chicken to it, which kind of defeated the object He's happy with TotW and eats enthusiastically so I'm happy!
snoop_the_seal
New Member!
Male 

04-04-2011, 01:15 AM
The main reason I know of why people use grain free is due to grain allergies and prevention of seizures
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >