Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2013, 09:12 AM
Morning Helena,morning all

Cold but bright here,Tom's gone to school and he's doing a link with the college today & tomorrow,so he gets to try out taster sessions for different courses,not that will be of any use to him as he isn't going to get his GCSE's that needs for the courses But it will give him an idea I suppose

Popping to Tesco in a bit,need some bread,milk,sugar etc.

I see from the weather forecast winter is returning,we don't want any snow

Have the usual to do and the laundry as always,need to help O/H wash his hair and what not later

Have a good day all x
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-02-2013, 09:16 AM
Good morning fellow members dry for once and cold.

I have already demolished a bookcase with the hammer this morning, it didn't put up much resistance .
Lots more sorting to do today, then this evening babysitting.

Enjoy your day everyone whatever you are doing...
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-02-2013, 09:59 AM
Bit of a strong breeze this morning, not too cold as yet, although the forecast for late afternoon is a bit scary.
Got my woo call at 4.30am and then again at 8.30 am. I think I must have given them a bit too much at the early one as runny poo's on the puppy pads, although there was a firm one in the crate and a normal'ish one on the kitchen floor leading to the puppy pads, I have a feeling it was Ash as they have their respective places now, not that I agree with Sasha doing hers in the crate mind you!!!! She may not like doing it on already used pads and I can't be up and down all night making sure there is an unused one for her ladyship!!!
Went back for another snuggle under the quilt and blankets on the couch after feeding everyone at 8.30am but will have to get up and get myself organised if I am to get Sasha to the vets on time today and avoid the white stuff
I think now the crisis with Kyiro has calmed down you need to look after yourself Bev, all the stress and running about is bound to have taken its toll on you, I hope the doctors come up with something, you have got a lot on anyway without all thats happened to you over the past few months, sooner or later it catches up.
Good luck with the carpet people Helena, and hope you get some good news from someone somewhere today Lynn, because you need it.
Enjoy the greyhound walk and your chat Jenny.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2013, 10:02 AM
Morning everyone

Good luck with your carpet man today Helena. No white stuff please, it's gorgeous here at the moment.

I hope you feel better soon Lore, and good luck with your appointment Bev. Lack of sleep really gets you down. Another rubbish night here too. I don't know what the answer is.

Enjoy your greyhound work Jenny.

I hope Rosie's results come in for you today Chris.

Glad your postal service has resumed Malka.

I hope you get all you need at Dunelm Mill Nippy.

Smashing up furniture Mini?

Well, our curtain trip was unsuccessful. All the ones in Dunelm Mill were dry-clean only and with Loki and the children I really want something I can wash reasonably easily. Lovely quality though. We then looked in Range and found a nice pair but poorer quality and they didn't fit our windows. So we got a new linen bin and Carys bought a 'paint your own seed pot' with her pocket money. Half the paint had dried up though , luckily we have quite a stash of that type of paint.

Gorgeous walk this morning with Loki and he was a really good boy when two enemies started barking at him. *Proud icon*. He does that though, stands quietly watching as they leap about barking - he looks really well behaved but I know he's only like that because he knows he can't get to them unless they're in range, so there's no point in jumping and barking.

I hope everyone has a nice day today.

xxx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2013, 11:18 AM
Back from the doctors. She reckons my lack of sleeping and flare up of Fibromyalgia and the chest pains are down to stress. She said she doesn't know what the answer is to that though.
She has given me a form to go for a chest x-ray to have my lungs checked to make sure they are not getting any worse.

So I think really I wasted my time this morning and I just hope soon I get a good nights sleep.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-02-2013, 11:24 AM
Is there anything you can take to make you feel a bit better in yourself. You are worn to a thin rag by the sound of it
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

04-02-2013, 11:34 AM
I am glad you managed to see the doctor this morning Bev, but as June says

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Is there anything you can take to make you feel a bit better in yourself. You are worn to a thin rag by the sound of it
Could the doctor not give you anything to help you cope with all the stress?

(((hugs)))
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

04-02-2013, 11:49 AM
morning all, H, you go girl, give em hell

Bev hope you get sorted soon.

A windy one here today, but the sun us shining so not to bad.

Just booked Millie in to see the vet on Friday, I have putit off long enough, she needs her teeth looking at, along with a couple of huge epulis on her gums, with is collecting tarter , I don't thing we have any choice but to have them dealt with.

Off later to meet a friend for a coffee, she is going for a hysterectomy tomorrow (I am taking her in) so a supportive coffee is in order.

Any way, have a good one folks, and sty safe xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2013, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning H and all,

I am going to try and get an appointment with the doctors this morning. I can't go on surviving on 2-4 hrs sleep a night and my chest pains are getting bad again, although not sure if they are due to my lungs or my heart this time. I am totally exhausted which is making me a miserable old cow that keeps bursting into tears. Goodness knows how I am going to cope at work lugging all that heavy stuff up and down 4 flights of stairs. I just feel like totally giving up.

Sorry don't mean to drag you all down listening to my moans in the morning, but I can't tell people face to face, writing it is easier. I am afraid i am one of them face to face that says I'm fine.

Anyway whatever you are all doing I hope you have a good day and Good luck with the carpet man H.
Morning Bev ((((((hugs)))))) Why can't everything be normal for you, if it's not the doglets it's you having to suffer, it just keeps going round in circles for you Bev doesn't it, and I'm so sorry.xxxx

Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Good Morning Helena and all,

Helena I hope you have a good old rant and enjoy your beach walk.

Bev - I hope you get a doctors appointment for today and I'm sure they will be able to get to the bottom of your lack of sleep and pains. Good luck and everything crossed for you. ((hugs))

To everyone else I hope today runs smoothly for you.
All poorly dogs and people are feeling better.

I'm off on my greyhound work and will let you know how we all get on.
Morning Jenny Yep, had a lovely beach walk, although we couldn't get on the sand this morning we were too early, and then I enjoyed a good old rant at the carpet man!!! Perfect day so far I'd say Hope the greyhound walk goes well, just relax and keep them onlead, they'll be fine I'm sure and let us know please.

Originally Posted by Norma808 View Post
Morning Helena /all
What a nite never heard wind like it ,still howling a gale .
Lashing with rain now too,stuff flying about !!!!
Hope you get your invoice sorted ,enjoy your walk ,don't think we'll be going far today
JennyG
Enjoy your walk
Poorly people get better soon
Dogs all bright eyed and bushy tailed
Enjoy your day whatever your up to stay safe everyone xxxxxx
Morning Norma Back to normal today then after a bad day yesterday with that sil from h*ll hey?! Glad you survived it and came out on top hopefully. Glad to hear the dogs didn't suffer if they're all bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning.

Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Good morning all.

You give 'em hell, Helena. Don't know what's happened with the van bathroom, but don't you take any nonsense

Rosie is still doing well, but I'm hoping that the results are through today so that we can rule in or out more things. I'm seriously hoping we've cracked it, but I'll still be on pins for a while yet until I am sure.

We got two short walks yesterday instead of the long one I was hoping for as Gary really couldn't stand the cold (and boy was it cold). He's not coming with us today though so the long walk is definitely on!

Hope that cold gets better and the training course goes well, Lore and Bev, make sure you tell the doctor everything so that he'll be able to help you better. Hope you two (and everyone else who is ailing) are soon on the mend.

Have a good 'un all and stay safe xx
Morning Chris, glad to hear all is still well with Rosie and let's hope you get some of those results back today to know which way you're going with her. Yep, I got a result at the carpet shop today, a good one!

Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Morning Nechda, morning all

Hope you get the credit note you are after Nechda but I am sure you will - just drop some hints about all the carpeting in your house...

Lynn - I was too preoccupied yesterday to say it but I am keeping my fingers crossed that something good turns up so you can stop worrying so much.

Lorraine - I hope the "snottery" de-snots itself and that the hoolie does not cause problems with your drive to work.

Bev - the doctors really do need to sort out why you are getting those horrid chest pains and no sleep - so you must tell them how bad it is and not keep saying that you feel fine when you really feel so bad.

I hope all the poorly 2- and 4-legged ones are doing better today and that everyone keeps warm and safe.

Oh yes, Good News Meri has decided to do the mail delivery again!

One parcel delivered yesterday but at least two have possibly been returned as un-deliverable so I will have to wait until I hear more.
Morning grandma, oh that doesn't sound good about those parcels, it'll be a nightmare getting them re-delivered or you'll have to wait a while to get a refund when they've got them back. Hope that'll be all your woes for today though.xx

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Morning,
Sounds like you've got my wind Lore and Norma horrible isn't it.
It's a beautiful day here, sunny and quite warm. I'm going to Dunelm Mill today with hubby's credit card
Speak later.
Morning Jen Oh that's what I like to hear, a nice trip to Dunelms without hubby but with his bit of plastic in your bag, well done Jen, don't forget to pick up a big trolley from outsite first will you!

Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Morning Helena,morning all

Cold but bright here,Tom's gone to school and he's doing a link with the college today & tomorrow,so he gets to try out taster sessions for different courses,not that will be of any use to him as he isn't going to get his GCSE's that needs for the courses But it will give him an idea I suppose

Popping to Tesco in a bit,need some bread,milk,sugar etc.

I see from the weather forecast winter is returning,we don't want any snow

Have the usual to do and the laundry as always,need to help O/H wash his hair and what not later

Have a good day all x
Morning Sal Hope you have a bit of resbite from hubby's moaning today, and I hope you manage to get him off to the fracture clinic this week. Don't do too much, give yourself a break.

Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Good morning fellow members dry for once and cold.

I have already demolished a bookcase with the hammer this morning, it didn't put up much resistance .
Lots more sorting to do today, then this evening babysitting.

Enjoy your day everyone whatever you are doing...
Morning Mini Lol at you there assaulting a book-case!

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Bit of a strong breeze this morning, not too cold as yet, although the forecast for late afternoon is a bit scary.
Got my woo call at 4.30am and then again at 8.30 am. I think I must have given them a bit too much at the early one as runny poo's on the puppy pads, although there was a firm one in the crate and a normal'ish one on the kitchen floor leading to the puppy pads, I have a feeling it was Ash as they have their respective places now, not that I agree with Sasha doing hers in the crate mind you!!!! She may not like doing it on already used pads and I can't be up and down all night making sure there is an unused one for her ladyship!!!
Went back for another snuggle under the quilt and blankets on the couch after feeding everyone at 8.30am but will have to get up and get myself organised if I am to get Sasha to the vets on time today and avoid the white stuff
I think now the crisis with Kyiro has calmed down you need to look after yourself Bev, all the stress and running about is bound to have taken its toll on you, I hope the doctors come up with something, you have got a lot on anyway without all thats happened to you over the past few months, sooner or later it catches up.
Good luck with the carpet people Helena, and hope you get some good news from someone somewhere today Lynn, because you need it.
Enjoy the greyhound walk and your chat Jenny.
Morning June Glad is all relatively well at yours this morning with those babies. I thought of you just now as I was rummaging around in the Asda casualty dept cos there was a woman there rummaging about and I had to push her out of the way to get to it!!! Hope you manage to relax a bit today.

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Morning everyone

Good luck with your carpet man today Helena. No white stuff please, it's gorgeous here at the moment.

I hope you feel better soon Lore, and good luck with your appointment Bev. Lack of sleep really gets you down. Another rubbish night here too. I don't know what the answer is.

Enjoy your greyhound work Jenny.

I hope Rosie's results come in for you today Chris.

Glad your postal service has resumed Malka.

I hope you get all you need at Dunelm Mill Nippy.

Smashing up furniture Mini?

Well, our curtain trip was unsuccessful. All the ones in Dunelm Mill were dry-clean only and with Loki and the children I really want something I can wash reasonably easily. Lovely quality though. We then looked in Range and found a nice pair but poorer quality and they didn't fit our windows. So we got a new linen bin and Carys bought a 'paint your own seed pot' with her pocket money. Half the paint had dried up though , luckily we have quite a stash of that type of paint.

Gorgeous walk this morning with Loki and he was a really good boy when two enemies started barking at him. *Proud icon*. He does that though, stands quietly watching as they leap about barking - he looks really well behaved but I know he's only like that because he knows he can't get to them unless they're in range, so there's no point in jumping and barking.

I hope everyone has a nice day today.

xxx
Morning Linda, and sorry to hear that Dunelm trip wasn't very successful, I haven't looked at the washing instructions on any of mine yet, but whatever it says, they always go in the washing machine anyway Great to hear how well behaved Loki was today on your walk, well done him!

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Back from the doctors. She reckons my lack of sleeping and flare up of Fibromyalgia and the chest pains are down to stress. She said she doesn't know what the answer is to that though.
She has given me a form to go for a chest x-ray to have my lungs checked to make sure they are not getting any worse.

So I think really I wasted my time this morning and I just hope soon I get a good nights sleep.
Well good luck with it all Bev, I hope you can sort out these chest pains.

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
morning all, H, you go girl, give em hell

Bev hope you get sorted soon.

A windy one here today, but the sun us shining so not to bad.

Just booked Millie in to see the vet on Friday, I have putit off long enough, she needs her teeth looking at, along with a couple of huge epulis on her gums, with is collecting tarter , I don't thing we have any choice but to have them dealt with.

Off later to meet a friend for a coffee, she is going for a hysterectomy tomorrow (I am taking her in) so a supportive coffee is in order.

Any way, have a good one folks, and sty safe xx
Morning Jackie, oh dear, so sorry to hear about Millie and her gums and teeth. Maybe the vet will tell you whether you have a choice or not. My poor friend put her 10 year old pointer in for some tooth work and he ended up taking 10 teeth out She was flaberghasted, so please make sure you KNOW what they wll be doing before she has it done, and hugs for you both.xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2013, 12:43 PM
I forgot meself again

Lovely beach walk in the sunshine. Then off to fight the carpet man.

I typed a list of my grievances, walkeed in there, waited for him to come off the phone and told him whilst I was very happy with the lounge and bedroom carpets, I wasn't happy with the bathroom and handed him said list. He perused it, I smelled something in the air, like b*llsh*t, when he told me the teracotta tile was discontinued, so he had put this cream diamond stuff in rather than make me go without or have to wait. I bought that (ish). I told him he must know where I'm going here, to which he replied "hows about, I cancel the invoice then" I told him that sounds good to me and gave him the thumbs up and told him he can now have the house (as in carpeting it!).

I wasn't nasty or annoyed, I was very light hearted and we had a good laugh as we always do and in all honestly, I think it was my humourous attitude that got me the whole invoice cancelled, whereas I was hoping to get 50% knocked off, this was even better than expected The bill was £48!!! Nothing top pay now though

Just having lunch, then Dave will be going up the tip with all the garden rubbish and popping into Wicke's for something for a heater at work, whilst I have a well earned nanny nap.

I came out of the carpet shop with some gorgeous wood samples to have the hallway done,. but of course, the one I like Dave doesn't cos he said it's too shiny and the pattern looks odd, it doesn't look like wood. It's the Wenge colour one and will go fantastic against the while wooden doorways, the coffee coloured walls and black mirrors, not to mention my lovely new rugs I've ordered from Dunelms, so I'm having it, so there, he won't even notice!!!!
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »