Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2010, 12:32 AM

Now I am being charged!

great!
some of you may rem the ongoing hassle i have been having with my neighbours

i thought it was all over when they had me monitored for 9 days and it was found that my dogs were barking for less than 5 min a day and the noise was below the permitted levels

how wrong was i?
police at my door tonight
neighbours have decided on monday at midnight i was in my back garden playing with my dogs and making them bark

!!

and because one of them made the complaint and the other backed it up the police are charging me with breach of the peace!

how exactly can i prove i wasnt playing with my dogs? its just my word against theirs and cos they know i live alone it looks like they can bully me all they want

i have no idea what i can do! i have for the zillionth time printed out the diary of events i have kept and will go down the police station tomorrow
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2010, 01:04 AM
oh the lovely neighbours again, I thought they would have stopped this silliness after the last event.
Would any of your other neighbours be able to say their story to the police, ie they havent notices excessive barking etc, and character references etc.
I thought the police would need solid eveidence, what a waste of police and justice system time if this charge goes ahead, and I dont think it sounds like a solid case at all, just a disgruntled neighbour and a friend backing them up, I would be taking that diary down and talking to the police and also the fact they have been trying for ages to get you into trouble and lying and they have been found nothing troublesome and it would be on police record the number of times they have called them and even done decibel readings and found all to be within means of normal range. And if you are getting charge with disturbing the peace you want them charged with harrassment as this is beyond a joke.
I would like to know if the police think this is going to be held up in court as it sounds as flimsy as all get out to me and just another waste of police time.
Just make sure you are really calm when you talk to the police and don't rant on too much about how annoying they are, and I would be saying I will start ringing the police on them due to their noise levels and strange goings on if this is the way it is going to be.
What a load of c**p and hope it is sorted out soon. Sending a big hug and calm cyber thoughts as this annoys me and I am on the other side of the world.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2010, 01:38 AM
What the hell Just like you can't prove you weren't in the garden making the dogs bark, they can't prove you were........

This is all getting silly now, your neighbour needs to grow up.

I really hope nothing more comes of this, there really is nothing the police can do IMO........

You must be so fed up of it all now *Hugs*
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2010, 06:23 AM
I hate this "guilty until you can prove yourself innocent" nonsense. It really is completely unfair!

Hope you get it sorted hon x0x
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2010, 06:55 AM
I really do feel for you having such awful pathetic neighbours, the strain living there must be awful.
Is there any other neighbours that could back up you were not in your garden at midnight playing with your dogs?

You need to move round here, there are so many people drunk and shouting till the early hours, dogs barking is not even noticed, not that yours are, but you know what I mean.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-03-2010, 07:39 AM
So sorry you are having so much trouble still.

Agree with Emma it may be hard but try to remain calm when you see the Police, after all surely it will be your neighbours word against yours. They will have no evidence so nothing can be proved one way or the other.

Would be useful if your other neighbours would back you up about how petty these people are and that they can vouch for you by saying they are never disturbed by your dogs.

Tell them about the Council conducting the noise test the Council will have the results of these and surely it is their duty to look at them and too see that the dogs were not a problem. You never know in the end the neighbours may get done for wasting Police time and harassment, if there is any justice in this world.
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-03-2010, 08:19 AM
I know it'll prob be costly and maybe someone would do it as a no win no fee, but could it be time to contact a solicitor? What they are doing is harassment and surely you have rights here too.
The other thing I thought was how about installing CCTV that views just your garden (so no complaints) and if they make a "claim" against you would be able to prove you weren't causing any noise.

Really sorry your going through this, can;t imagine what it's like having to live day to day with morons like this.
GUISEPPE
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-03-2010, 08:57 AM
I really dont think that for a BOP offence you have to worry, it wasnt done in front of the copper was it so proving this is a joke and is likely to be thrown out that is if the CPS take it on.
Now I would defo start a log and install CCTV and get other neighbiours to sign a petition stating the noises they hear from your home and at what time. I would also get a solicitor to send them a letter warning them of their continual harrassment.
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-03-2010, 09:04 AM
what a joke!! this will be a massive waste of money cos if it ever did go to court it would be chucked out as no evidence! i feel really sorry for you and it mustve been a shock when they charged you.
if i were you and it would annoy me that i was having to pay for it,is to install cctv without themn knowing so next time this happens you have proof and they can be chaged with wasting police time!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2010, 09:33 AM
That's terrible - I feel for you, can't believe they can do that! My first thought too was you should get CCTV installed, they could try it again & at least you'd have proof & they would get done for wasting police time.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »