View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 09:06 AM

How would I serve a food like this? (Frozen)

May sound like a stupid question but i've never fed frozen food to the dogs before, whenever they have had meat or raw it's always been fresh.

http://www.berriewoodwholesale.co.uk...=148&id=berrie
arctic.wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2008, 09:19 AM
well I just thaw out, and use it like feeding fresh, as Sapphire has fresh or frozen. how do the prices compare to other suppliers?
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 09:25 AM
I've not really looked around to be honest, I was recommended this site by a friend, although works out a lot less than I pay now for what they eat.

So would it be sufficient to take out on the morning and feed that night or would I need to take it out the night before. It is only in little 454g packs....

Sorry I never do frozen meat! Not even for us, it's always bought fresh but obviously that wouldnt be very helpful for feeding the dogs everyday.
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 09:36 AM
I use something similar and i just take out the night before to defrost and then mix with biscuit in the morning. They love it.
arctic.wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2008, 09:44 AM
I feed twice a day, the frozen I get cheap 454kg blocks from our local pet shop 30p a block. When they eat the morning food I just get the blocks out for the evening meal, seems to thaw out in time.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-01-2008, 10:02 AM
I take the frozen out the night before defrost at room temp and feed next evening.When thawed pop it in the fridge I usually defrost a couple of days worth.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 10:03 AM
I dislike minces and blocks, frozen or fresh. They don't give the dogs teeth a good work out and cleaning.
But I do feed frozen portions of chicken and some other meats.

Usually I defrost in the fridge on the morning I'm going to feed it. Sometimes it's still semifrozen, this gives them more of a challenge. So long as it's not "stick to the tongue" frozen you can give a few minutes after taking it out.

However I would advise it's probably bet not to feed frozensemi frozen to very small dogs (I think you have a mini daxie?). Frozen food can have an effect on their body temp because they are so small.

So in answer to you question:
You can defrost in fridge night before, or on the morning you intend to feed. Or feed still frozen to all but the tiny dogs.
Thornesstaf
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-01-2008, 11:54 AM
I use Landywoods, they are very cheap. I feed my girls in the morning so defrost the blocks over night. They love it!
Animal
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2008, 12:14 PM
I take it out the night before, but if I forget to (rare but it has happened ) then I have to admit I will defrost it in the microwave My woofits love it, especially the stinky green tripe

Originally Posted by Evie View Post
I dislike minces and blocks, frozen or fresh. They don't give the dogs teeth a good work out and cleaning.
This is a very good point and well worth mentioning, mine do get frozen portions of chicken as well which I feed frozen and they love crunching up. They also get lovely raw bones to chew on for their teeth as well as stuffed cow hooves. Happy dogs with lovely white choppers
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Have a look at Landywoods web site.. They are the cheapest with fab quality thtat I have found (hence the reason I started organising a Scottish Bulk delivery)
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >