Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2023, 09:27 AM

Wet Tuesday 28th March

Good morning everyone

Wet here this morning just the weather to have our new front door fitted. Fortunately we have a canopy over it so the work is being carried out in the dry. Teazle walked and banking on line done. Gymnastic run this afternoon/evening but on duty all day tomorrow. It is too expensive to put Flavia on Ben's car insurance for five weeks so she is looking into getting a bus pass so at least she can get out and about.

Met the youngest one for the first time since she was a month old. My goodness Ben has his work cut out. Apparently you can't say no to her as she shouts and screams. Not on his watch! He has told her in no uncertain terms that she will do as she is told when told. After we took her to the park near them she decided she wants to stay in England as she likes the park and having a bed of her own. Mum a bit shocked I think.

Take care everyone.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2023, 09:54 AM
Morning Sue and all to follow. Which I hope will be many as it is getting a bit thin on the ground. I have asked the question about parking by sending an email to the agents. So, now wait for an answer. He is parked there again today. He came late last evening as I am sure they had been away as hercar stayed where it was for a few days. Anyway I know I don't use the space but you would think they would ask out of politeness. Maybe I am being pernickety but politeness costs nothing. Have a good day Sue and all others.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2023, 10:16 AM
Good morning all

Wet, wet, wet so down in the car for breakfast. Just got back and now going out again. Furniture shopping with Gary - yuk. He is so picky so I doubt we'll have any success.

Wish me luck!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-03-2023, 11:19 AM
Afternoon Sue, brenda, Chris and all to follow.
It's raining here and cold unlike yesterday when it was warmer and sunny.
I got all the washing dry on the line and took Boo for a short stroll on the park.
Gorden went to look after Freya yesterday and I stayed home with Boo and cleaned through.

Oh Sue sounds like there might be knocking of heads, Freya can be stubborn and has a short tantrum but not for long as none of us tolerate it.
They have to try I guess to learn what they can and can't do.
Hope the door fitting goes well.
brenda nothing wrong in asking the Landlord about the parking lot. You are not being pernickety and I agree that manners and asking is polite.
Chris hope the shopping proves fruitful.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-03-2023, 02:55 PM
not just a new front door but the new telephone company turned up as well.
We are leaving BT and going with a local company that can supply us with fibre optic cable to the front door. Although it is sheduled to go live on the 11 april these guys have pulled in the cable ready for connection
so it has all been happening here
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2023, 04:37 PM
Brenda, no, I don't think you are being pernickety.....I don't think people should use something of yours without asking, we won't allow our neighbours to park on our land....no matter how nice they appear to be. Is she the one who asked for your WiFi password??? It is etiquette to come and ask would you mind.
Ohhhh dear Sue, sounds like the little one is in for a bit of a shock lol. How come she doesn't have her own bed at home??
Barry, sounds like they are off to a good start....the fibre company
Chris, I think you will have earned yourself a big drink lol
Lynn, we too have the wet and windy weather
Met Steve at lunch, had quite a nice afternoon, there's been a bit of nastiness by some of the drivers who didn't strike, not towards Steve as he doesn't take it, he will tell them straight if they continue he will stick them on their ar*e, guess being a bit handy has its uses.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2023, 07:15 PM
Needless to say, the furniture shopping was a bust. He wants the impossible as usual and, of course, it's my fault you can't buy the impossible.

He'll come round eventually, but any little fault will be my fault because I can't meet his high expectations

I don't drink Kelly, but a stiff brandy may have gone down well this afternoon if I had some in the house
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2023, 07:45 PM
I think I should send you a miniature in one of those "in case of emergency break glass" cases lol
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2023, 08:37 PM
Good evening all

Busy here work choir community allotment and gardening not always in that order add to that people in my life and busy busy busy.

Also trying to spend less time on the computer.

Brenda its your space and yes a note or knock on the door asking would of been nice from your neighbour especially as sure you said only 4 flats therefore you must all be at least on nodding terms.

Griff Is that you Griff with your new hair colour LOL Glad you had a nice day with Steve, strikes I suspect cause lots of bitterness a good friend of mine when I was much younger her Dad was a miner (retired now) and the whole town they live in people still do not speak because of the strike 1980's he does not speak to two of his brothers and the next door neighbour (still his next door neighbour)

Chris I think you deserves a magnum sized bottle LOL

Sue A bus pass will be ideal I suspect for your DIL to get around maybe your youngest granddaughter likes being a "big girl" and having her own bed. I suspect being as it were an only child with her sisters here she has been a little indulged. Sure these few weeks will be a blessing to you all especially with parks involved.

Lynn What have I missed who is Boo? could say Boo Whooo (get it) How is your grandson these days did he catch up with your lad? hat is it Judge Judy says "men under 25 hardly cooked) sill work to do in growing up.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2023, 08:45 PM
Brenda Are the parking spaces allocated to the flats and you pay for that privilege in your rent if so its your space and can remain as empty as you wish it to be. Or better still rent it out parking spaces in some towns by the seaside etc go for a fortune in rental. A friend of mine rents his drive space out to various people who work for one company near him he gets £140 a month they park Mon Fri 7-6 parking very short supply near him he lives in the City Centre of York.