Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-03-2014, 05:57 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread [Saturday]

Morning all - having been rudely awakened two hours ago by Da Booga having another seizure, I thought I would stick my head round the door while she is quiet for a minute and before she kicks off again, to wish everyone a good day and a good weekend.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2014, 07:10 AM
Morning Malka and everyone.

Sorry to hear about Pereg again Malka, let's hope that'll be the last of it and you'll be there for her as always when she comes around. I hope you can cope, it can't be easy.

I'm tired this morning, the van took it out of me yesterday, I'm getting far too old for this humping stuff about and bed making and cleaning. At least it wintered out well for the month, very dry in there, no sign of dampness and that's always a good thing. The grass is sodden, cos it's near the bottom of a big hill, and the water cascades down that road like a river in heavy rain and my poor lawn takes the brunt of it. It'll recover in the spring I hope.

Lynn, I wish you hadn't of introduced me to your banana split ice cream you norty girl I can see I shall become addicted to that when I fancy a banana now

I think Dave might walk Zena for me this morning, which will give me a chance to get up to the van earlier (and with a bit more oomph) to finish it off, but this will mean I will have to take this horrible Jaguar estate he's come home in which he's trying to sell. It looks the part, but drives like a bus and being diesel, sounds like one too, so I'm not looking forward to it. I do need a day off from walking though, my back is now killing me after yesterday.

I haven't been on here at all yesterday, so haven't a clue who's been doing what, I just hope everyone is ok along with all the doglets.

Enjoy the week-end everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-03-2014, 07:23 AM
Morning Malka so sorry to hear about Pereg I hope you both get some respite now,
Morning Helena you need to try to slow down a bit. Take care this morning.
I went into Tesco yesterday and have now bought another two flavours to try knickerbocker glory and cookies and cream. Not tried them yet.

We have to take my car up to one of the service centres here this morning 8.30 to have the brakes done. Not sure if this is cheeky of them or not they wanted Gorden when he phoned last week to pay up front because Saturdays are busy days he refused but has had to pay a deposit to book the bay. Never had to do that anywhere before.
Nice surprise last night Gorden for a change told me Monday was going to be a late start now his meeting has been cancelled so he is home Monday working from home but still an extra day and Tuesday is a late start.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2014, 07:28 AM
Morning Malka, H and all

Sorry to hear Pereg has had another seizure, hope she quickly recovers and thats the end of it for you both today. (((hugs))) to you both.

Hope you get the van finished today H.

Thank goodness its the weekend. Its been a horrible week, I have loads of washing and housework to do here today and must go and pay a few bills and also to go and buy my train ticket. Yeeeeeessssss my train ticket.
Next Saturday I am getting a train to Surrey and going to visit Charly and see her house and lovely dog Harley for the first time.
I have booked Lyla into a cattery, taken the Monday off work and will go early Saturday morning and come home Monday morning. I am so excited and it will be lovely to have a short break.

Once I have been out and done my bits this morning I will open the back door for Lyla (asbo kitten) and this time leave her to her own devices and hope this time she manages on her own without getting into trouble or getting lost. I can't keep worrying about her forever.

Anyway I hope you are all ok. I never got on yesterday so don't know whats been going on. But have a good Saturday everyone.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2014, 07:32 AM
Morning Lynn, I thought that was a bit of a cheek too, so I asked Dave and he said he doesn't blame them! He said so many people just don't turn up and you've bought all the bits to repair their car it p*sses him off. Apparently, he said he's supposed to charge for MOT's upfront too, because when people's cars fail, they get the hump and don't expect to have to pay!! You learn summat every day then. Good luck with that car, you need a good set of brakes on a car!

Morning Bev, oh boy, how exciting is that! Something to look forward to at last then, you'll love meeting Harley I'm sure, but let's hope he's not like Zena with visitors lol! They might even get the biccies out for ya too!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2014, 07:33 AM
Morning Lynn you snuck in there. I used to love maple syrup and walnut icecream but I havn't been able to find it anywhere for about 2 years now. Tesco used to sell it. If you see it anywhere please let me know.
That garage sounds a bit dodgy to me. Last year I was advised to get my brakes done on my Mot within a month. I didn't and a different garage this year passed my car and when I asked about the brakes they said there was nothing wrong with them. Think I would ask for a second opinion. It wasn't an ATS place was it as they are well known for telling you that you need things you don't.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-03-2014, 07:40 AM
Morning Bev so glad to hear you are off on a little trip you need it.
Believe me my brakes need doing it was the full payment up front that was a bit of a cheek so we thought deposit we didn't mind we understand Saturdays are busy and as Helen's Dave has said buying the parts in then the customer not turning up must be a big problem not sure how many old Chrysler Voyagers they get.
But you never pay in full for a job till you are satisfied do you ?
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2014, 08:40 AM
Morning Malka and fellow members,

Another early start for me at 5.20 due to the dogs wanting to go out and making such a noise. I'm sure it was due to foxes being around as the went made running from fence to fence Thank goodness they weren't vocal at that time!! Fortunately we all went back to sleep until 7.30
The sun is out and there is a thick frost ..... a stunning winter's day

A friend is coming round this morning to walk the dogs with me at 10 which will be nice and then the rest of the day will be more of sorting/clearing etc the flood damage.

Malka sorry to hear about Pereg and I hope she has now settled.
Lynn What a lovely bonus to have an extended weekend with Gorden home ... it'll also make next week a nice short one
Helena Good luck finishing the van today ... I can imagine the grass is sodden. I hope you manage to negotiate the 'bus' around those little site lanes.
Bev You'll in my neck of the woods next weekend then It will do you good to have a mini break what with everything going on in your life at the moment. You'll have to remember to take a camera Enjoy your weekend.

Off to make a dash down to buy a paper and bread .... which we have completely run out of See you all later and have a good day.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2014, 08:45 AM
Morning

Where's the sun gone? It was lovely an hour or so ago.

Malka - I'm sorry to hear Pereg has had another seizure. I hope she doesn't have another one and that she settles.

Helena - that must be hard work and you'll have months of it with the new season and all those guests.

I'm going to give my dad the guitar I got him for his birthday today. I hope he will like it - it's a Hofner Verythin and is like the one he had when he was young and played in a band in Limerick.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2014, 08:46 AM
Morning all.
Sorry to hear about Pereg again Malka but nice to see you
Morning Helena look after that back, it's maybe time you slowed down a bit.
Morning Lynn I must be the only one who doesn't like ice cream The only thing I will eat are mint Feasts Enjoy your time with Gorden.
Bev I bet next weekend can't come quick enough! I hope Asbocat (what a fabulous name!) doesn't get up to ant mischief
The usual Saturday here.... cooking for tomorrow!
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »