register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-03-2016, 03:39 PM
At least mine got a decent run, Zen needs the extra time running about now she is a bit older. I think all this to-ing and fro-ing at night is tied in to her not getting a decent run out for one reason or another. Am going to see if thats the case.
I was spoiled having the river to take them on if I was feeling a bit sore or I had done something to myself, I could just take them in the car over the road if I was that bad, and then they could run wild on the river for an hour, swimming and playing, and generally wear themselves out. Hoping I get 'my' river back soon, but not looking good at present
Sue, I hate that when people park half on and half off the pavement, a miracle the dog has never been run over, but then again, if it does, it won't be his fault I struggle to get past sometimes with 3 dogs, no idea how people with disability scooters go on, well I do, they have to go on the road. Streets are very narrow here because of course there were no cars when it was built! With having a primary school in the next road, the parking is getting worse. I think its some of the staff definitely, because I've seen them, and there is the added problem of parking outside the school itself being banned, which is a good thing as its a wonder no one has been killed the way it was going, but then they go further afield to find somewhere to put their car. Some of them come to pick their kids up from a few roads away, in massive 4x4's, when they could easily walk.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2016, 03:39 PM
oh no 1cutedog, hope nothing bad has happened to your landlord and you get the boiler sorted ASAP...i hate feeling cold
Sue, there are a fair few round here like that...on the whole most people here are nice and will smile and say good morning
had the girls out, both a bit muddy but did well with their training except 1 blip from Deags, tried to get a little video of deags for the dog warden
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2016, 04:25 PM
a little video off deags from today...excuse the breathing...it is me struggling for my breath Lol (i sound like an old perv Lol)
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-03-2016, 07:10 PM
She's doing so well with you, Griff. What a happy little girl. Don't you listen to your stupid brother and what he thinks, what does he know, both of them are brilliant, when you think of the start they had in life as well.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2016, 08:49 PM
Thanks TW, well deags was a little monster at training this week...wouldn't do anything Lol will have to put a lot of practice in. Guess where my trainer is off to wednesday? if i say an irish chap, on tv and you lot go all gooey over him??? yep fitzpatricks
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-03-2016, 09:34 PM
oooh lucky trainer
I know you may laugh at me, but even when a girly has been spayed they still work round to coming into season and it sounds to me that is how she is acting, just my thoughts, and I may be wrong. Cariad has been spayed a few years now, yet here she is joining in with PMT City, complete with one shredded ear
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2016, 10:17 PM
Just watched vet on the hill. Must admit to a few tears. June I was trying to explain to our owners that dogs that are neutered or spayed still go through the throws of thinking. oh well off to bed and hope to sleep past 3.30 this time. Night all.zzzzzzzz
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2016, 10:28 PM
Haha....well that would explain my pairs behaviour sometimes....neither have had a season so wasn't sure if they would still get the season behaviours.
Was having to laugh at the trainers assistant, she was asking if he was single and asking how old he was etc....she was going to have a word put in for me until I pointed out I would need to be hammered..not my type at all.the trainer said she was having him first lol...all I could think of was you lot lol
Dogs have decided to have a change and are sleeping in each others crate
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-03-2016, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
and Casey's leg is improving. Dillon is stiff on rising but other than that is in good health and spirits thank you.
Casey has another visit to the vet tomorrow. I have some photos and if I have time will post them after we get back from vet.

Ordered some turkey wings from Bennyfit Natural today, should be here tomorrow, that is good service isn't it.

Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
going to try and do a bit of gardening this morning if its not too wet.
I wanted to get out as well but just as I started the heavens opened hope you were luckier

Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Now that my husband is at home all day because he is retired he drives me mad.
Brenda what you need is a SHED, if you already have one get him into it, if not get one from the local supplier, worth every penny, you won't see him for the best part of the day

Originally Posted by griff View Post
Yep, Bro goes home today...at some point,
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Well my brother has gone, left the whole box of stuff I got him behind...didn't even look at it.
That's awful Griff he should be ashamed. Like LG I never had a sister and I wanted one, could you be a half sister to both of us

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
It seems you are the nicer person though griff.
Took the words right out of my mouth

Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
Rosie seems to be picking up, spoke to the vets and she said to bring her in in morning if she's no better. They told me there is a bug going round.
Nice to see an improvement, hope it continues.

Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
gets out opens the back and lets his dog out who runs straight over to us. Not a word said just couldn't care. I don't like the chap he is so rude you say good morning and he just looks at you. Rude rude man. Rant over

There's always one Sue, I have the neanderthal man on one side and the neighbour from heaven (Julia) on the other.

Also found another large hole under the fence so that has now been blocked with wire and stones. Mr fox is really annoying me now
They can be really cunning can't they

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
but even when a girly has been spayed they still work round to coming into season
Rianna is speyed but when younger she frequently had a 'phantom pregnancy' I wasn't expecting that, she goes around trying to find a nice place to have her babies which was quite often our bed Been a couple of years since she has done that 'tho.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-03-2016, 10:42 PM
Hi Harvey, its a little known fact that when a bitch comes into season her body prepares for pregnancy, when she has finished her season, whether she has mated or not, her body still continues getting ready for babies, by the time she gets to around Day 63 her body thinks, Oh No Babies then, by then she is mentally looking around for a place to have the babies of course, sometimes even producing milk. So everytime your girl has a season she is 'pregnant', even if they've been spayed they still go through the whole scenario.
Another of the not so welcome effects of the non pregnancy every season is that they can have unfertilised eggs knocking about inside, these can become ovarian cysts, so the whole thing can get quite nasty.
Mabs goes in overdrive though, she has been creating a larder, nesting, being especially lovey dovey with me, but a complete b!tch with the others. Brenda's idea of Pulsitilla has saved my sanity on a few occasions now. Seems to have calmed down over the last 24 hours, thank goodness.
Going to be a cold one tonight, below freezing, heat lamps are on full tonight.
Have been checking, and up to now, no sign of any sleep walking, so thinking my observation that it is happening when there hasn't been a 'proper' gallop about is the reason for the night stalking
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >