Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-07-2009, 11:38 AM

In Praise of Mrs. Losos

Hi all,

As some of you may know I managed to break my bloody ankle two weeks ago and this has meant that I can't walk (except on crutches) and I am in effect completely useless.

So Mrs. Losos has had to do everything for me, carry stuff from room to room, prepare all my meals (I usually make my own breakfasts) do the shopping, walk the dogs, clean behind me (She says she's used to that ) and not forgetting driving the car and probably a whole lot of other things I've forgotten.

She's turned into a little ANGEL

It's only at times like this that I realise this simple fact. We've been married more than three decades, we argue at least once everyday about silly things, but we never argue about important things like our dogs, money, health, and attitude to life.

She will never read this (Not into forums, she much prefers her jigsaw puzzles ) but I thought I really needed to put it on public record and yes I know when I am eventually walking again I will have to do the same for her (but it will be something I look forward too,)

Finally, quick update, saw rhe doctor today, he's happy with the state of the foot, the swelling has almost gone right down and I'm now booked into hospital for tommorrow to have the 'pinning' operation done on Friday. All being well I should be out next Monday.

If you never hear from me again you can assume it didn't go as planned
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2009, 11:42 AM
See!!! we have our uses!!! Glad your feeling better and you tell your Mrs Losos that she is a star!!! Your a very lucky man!!!! Take good care of her, I'm sure you will!

Elaine x
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2009, 11:42 AM
What a lovely, lovely post. it is so easy to take our OH's for granted, I'm so glad you appreciate what you have with Mrs Losos.

Good luck for the op on Friday - we better had hear from you again
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2009, 11:47 AM
- ditto - what Elaine said! She sounds a complete star H, although have to say, I do all that for Dave and he's not even on crutches!!! Good luck for Friday, hope all goes well, it must have been very frustrating for you to get yourself into this predicament if I know you! You'll soon be back on those agile feet again H. Take care.xxx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2009, 11:51 AM
well done mrs losos, you sound like you have a really good life/wife take care Harvey, hope it all goes well with the op xx
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Hmmm, I wish Mrs S had continued with that attitude! To be fair, she started well, but couldn't keep it up.

Full marks to Mrs. L

Snorri
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2009, 11:58 AM
Aww, what a lovely blog..well done Mrs Losos. Hope your op goes ok H and you're soon fighting fit again xx
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2009, 11:58 AM
It is lovely to read, you have a good one there

Best of luck with the OP and hope your recovery is swift xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-07-2009, 12:14 PM
That is a lovely post to Mrs L.

Good luck with the op.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2009, 12:33 PM
Harvey, please print this out and put it in a letter to Baz....... no, not really, he is also a bit of a superstar when the chips are down.

Well done to Mrs L. Make sure you treat her well once you're up and about again.

Good luck for the op

x0x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >