Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2012, 05:21 PM

CSJ 'Calm Down!'

I bought some of this for my lot. For anybody who doesnt know what it is, here is the claim from CSJ:

" 'Calm Down!' has been compiled specifically for dogs that have aggressive or nervous tendencies, suffer with car sickness, have an aversion to noise, or perhaps have anxiety complexes."

Now, I have dogs with noise aversions (bird scarers are a big problem) and one with an anxiety complex so bought some of this product to see if it produces any results. I have used 'Billy No Mates' in the past with good results so i'm hopeful.

Anybody else used it who could give me some feedback? Or general thoughts and opinions welcome.
muddymoodymoo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
I bought some of this for my lot. For anybody who doesnt know what it is, here is the claim from CSJ:

" 'Calm Down!' has been compiled specifically for dogs that have aggressive or nervous tendencies, suffer with car sickness, have an aversion to noise, or perhaps have anxiety complexes."

Now, I have dogs with noise aversions (bird scarers are a big problem) and one with an anxiety complex so bought some of this product to see if it produces any results.

Anybody else used it who could give me some feedback? Or general thoughts and opinions welcome.
I have not yet found anything that would calm down my dogs over excitement/anxiety except my own calmness and patience and training...
Have tried many products.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-05-2012, 05:37 PM
I cant hear Calm down with thinking of Harry Enfield ...
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Ingredients are known herbal calmers

Camomile, Lemon Balm, Vervain, Lime Flowers, Skullcap.

Hilton Herbs do a similar mix called Tranquillity and a liquid one (stronger) called Tranquillity Gold

You need to suck it and see, some of these work on some dogs some do not. They will not any harm (apart from to your bank balance) if they do not work!
SneaksyWhippet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-05-2012, 09:48 AM
It sounds similar to Dorwest Herbs Scullcap and Valerian, which I've used on my two for travel sickness and it does seem to help. I would probably try it for Bill's anxiety at training too. Do let me know how you get on with it; it could be ideal if it works!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-05-2012, 10:15 AM
I have tried two different calming pills for Pereg for when she is over excited, initially bought to settle her following an "episode" but now given to her to calm her down in certain circumstances:

http://www.iherb.com/Rainbow-Light-G...for-Dogs/27646

http://www.iherb.com/Actipet-Anxiety...-Tablets/37484

They have both helped calm her down but the first one is, I think, more effective, and the one I will buy again.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the feedback everybody. I did figure that if it didnt work, it wasnt going to be an experiment that harmed the dogs in any way!

It's early days yet so I guess i'll see how it pans out.
hungover
New Member!
Male 

27-05-2012, 11:57 PM
I haven't tried the product but I have been happy with other CSJ products.

I use Quiet Moments by NaturVet, it's one of the L-tryptophan based products which I use in conjunction with their simulated pheromone based spray.

http://www.naturaldogs.co.uk/store/q...0-tablets.html

L-tryptophan is the active ingredient in turkey that makes you feel contented when you gorge out on it