View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-05-2012, 06:07 AM
I am wondering the same too. How was Lily last night and how are you today Bev ?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2012, 06:15 AM
I'm wondering as well. I hope Lily is starting to feel a lot better today and that you are on the mend too. Lots of hugs flowing your way.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2012, 06:30 AM
I don't imagine Lily's mum had a very good night's rest. I do hope the news is good when we get some.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2012, 06:31 AM
Lily had a quiet night, the panting has stopped and the pacing and tremors. She still doesn't seem to know us or really where she is, there is a vacant staring fearful look in her eyes like nobody is at home.
The vet will be ringing me this morning and then we will arrange for me to pop her down and get this drip line taken out of her today.
The more I have researched it, the more it looks like the drugs she reacted against caused a mild stroke, which is what my new vet siad it looks like it maybe. Obviously without a brain scan you can't be sure, but the way she was and is points to that and the treatment would just be rest and time anyway.
I still can't believe that stupid woman at my old vets yesterday discharging a dog in such a state and then telling me I am fussing too much. She also was adamant giving Lily vetergesic wouldn't cause it, where my new vet said it would and she has seen it before in greyhounds and in a couple of other breeds too.
Obviously being Saturday and closing time that stupid woman wanted us out so she could go home. Charly couldn't believe her ears as couldn't other clients in the waiting room with us, especially when she said take her home and if she collapses completely take her to the emergency vets. Charly said to her so you want us to wait until she collapses then get her to the emergency vet and she answered yes and laughed.
Luckily we didn't take her home and do as she said and luckily the other vets although they were just closing too saw us.
Anyway I will be glad when I hear Lily charging round playing toys again and when I go to put my shoes on and find she has done her usual collection and they are all sitting in her bed. Shoes where you left them is not a good sign
Thanks everyone please keep those positive healing thoughts coming to Lily and I will update you all again after we see the vet today..
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-05-2012, 06:35 AM
I am glad Lily had a restful night. I hope she continues to improve.

Look after yourself too. More (((hugs))) for Lily, you and give one to the lovely Kyiro.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2012, 06:36 AM
Well at least she isn't worse right now. I will make a wax effigy of the horrible woman at the vets and then take some pins .....
GirondeDeb
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-05-2012, 07:37 AM
What a terrible experience. I do hope Lily makes a rapid recovery, the poor lamb.

I know it can't undo what has been done, but I really think you are doing the right thing by complaining about the first vet's ignorance (and arrogance). It will hopefully stop it happening again to another poor greyhound.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2012, 08:20 AM
The vet has just rung, she is concerned Lily is still on her own little planet and not recognising us. Also her tongue and gums are still a very dark red/purple colour.
She said ideally she does need that MRI scan to confirm a stroke which she says it is looking even more like and because her blood pressure may also be high,and also to check nothing else going on, but unfortunatly there is no way we could afford it. So it is going to be wait and see if she starts to respond and get back her faculties.
She asked if I was happy for her to stay at home today and I said yes. So rather than stick her in the car and traipse her off to the vets to have the line out today, we are going to leave her quiet and although vet is fully booked tomorrow she has asked me to take her down tomorrow morning at the end of surgery so she can reassess her and take the line out.
If Lily gets worse before thn we have to take her to the emergency vets. So fingers crossed she doesn't get worse again. She has just had a little pace up and down and cry but has settled again now.
I think she is feeling very scared and confused and disorientated.
Please keep everything crossed for her that she will come through this ok.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2012, 08:23 AM
Everything very tightly crossed for her Bev.

Don't give up hope. A little time could well be a great healer for Lily xx
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2012, 08:24 AM
Fingers crossed here so sorry this has happened when you put your trust in your vet you expect them to do their very best, how much would it cost for the mri? maybe we could have a whip round guys???
Page 5 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »