View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2014, 05:28 PM
Eileen, your flowers are beautiful and I'm glad that your mum is on the mend now.

H, I hope tomorrow goes well for you and Dave carries on with the good work too.

Jenny, your boys sound as if theyve had a great time this aft. My kids New houses are at the opposite side of the city to me....about half an hour in the car when the roads are clear. They want us to sell up an go over there too. It's the side of leeds that I was brought up in and mY bestest bud still lives there, also most of my family (which unfortunately is not very many now). Fay has me down for childcare when the time comes so although I love where I am now, particularly our house, we will probably move across at some point.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2014, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
BELLA IS USELESS.
*gasp* Nooooooooo no no no no no no she planted the mouse to get you to stop smoking! there's logic for 'ya x
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-05-2014, 05:34 PM
Afternoon everyone - Just got the computermybob back from the menders. Mine crashed late last night and so I have been keeping up by using the Mem's (but it a bit too advanced for me and does strange things when you touch it) so haven't been able to post anything. Nice flowers Lacey, when I let my birds out in the morning I'll tell them to give your Dad a special fly past up there in the clouds! TW were you at the Bolton chicken place yesterday - as you mentioned big lumps of frozen chicken. Had some business out that way and so called in at BPP and got 36Kgs of wings - dogs loved the ones they had for tea (except Scout who won't eat raw) I deep fried half a dozen and found them very tasty. The rascal told me 60p per kg on the phone and then said 70p when I got there - didn't get away with it though - must have thought I looked as if I could afford it lol. Had the Mem acting as Chauffeuse for the day and told him if he didn't have a re-think I'd shout her in - worked a treat! Can't remember who's the blue vase was but looked lovely and a nice display of flowers. Hope all goes well for you on the morrow Helena, with a bit of luck you won't get to be nursed by that Iffy bunch that got posted last night, most of whom looked like they were definitely on the other bus. Don't know if they were qualified as nurses - didn't look to me like they had qualified as fellas! Latest update in the war between little Scout and Henry the Bantam Cock - Scout was trying to dig her way under a pile of timber some distance behind the Hen House and once she'd got a good foot underneath and only her curly btm was stuck out (with it's furiously wagging tail) The Evil Henry saw his chance and pounced, cue fluttering and big peckings and application of spurs to rear of pup. I was watching closely to act as referee and if necessary United Nations Peacekeeping Force. Scout was furious and on extricating herself from a rather tight fitting spot set of after Henry (I think with murder in mind) she contented herself with a large mouthful of tail feathers, I think a lot of this was because she realised I was watching. She then returned to her excavations and remained busy until I called her to go back up to home some twenty minutes later. This encounter seems to have had the desired effect, as their meetings since have been conducted in a rather cool atmosphere, and the EvilHenry has stopped stalking Scout. Much to my relief as there really was only one way this was likely to end and that has now, thankfully, been avoided. Providing the computermybob doesn,t malfunction again I will endeavour to see you all later. Bye fer now.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-05-2014, 05:45 PM
Tang - poor mousey! Leave a lighter out next to the ciggies then with a bit of luck the little blighter'll smoke itself to death.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2014, 05:46 PM
Hello Gordon, glad the 'puter seems sorted now.
Poor Scout, nothing worse than a Bantam cock attacking your bum
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-05-2014, 05:53 PM
No Gordon, I go on the bone run on a Tuesday and thats where the chicken came from.
60p kg??? It was 50p last time I went, but been ages and ages since I went, I have to be honest. Still a lot cheaper than anywhere else though isn't it. I just never have enough room in my freezers nowadays to be able to go and buy a load of chicken in.
Its not stopped raining here all day, I have seen very little of the girls except for meals and that has been a quick dash, eat, and back in again and lying glaring at the rain.
Went in the big kennel to fluff the shavings up and it was so warm from them all being in there.
Cleaned up, handed out enormous bones and they all disappeared inside once more.
LOL at Scout and Henry, maybe they've signed a Peace Treaty and it will be a sort of comedy like the Pakistan/Indian border lol
Pat can you get one of those sonic mouse things over there, just a bit worried about Bella getting involved with any of the other anti-mouse stuff.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2014, 06:33 PM
thanks for all your fantastic support. dave (my new carer) just gave me a bath an now I'm all ready 4 tomorrow but losing my soh now of course cos c*aping myself. JENNY dave will have my mobile all day ok. nighty night all...awwww gaaaawd and heeeeeeeelp xxxx
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2014, 06:33 PM
Good evening people, and Gordon I do miss your posts when you don't appear! Hopefully Scout and Henry have now come to an arrangement and there will be no aggro between them for a while! I once watched with pride as a clutch of eggs hatched......great I thought, eight more girlies. As they grew, I waited patiently, until one by one they started crowing Every single one was a cockerel. I gave them all away except for one and that one turned into the most evil, vicious cantankerous beast you could imagine, even the ladies were terrified of him. I was attacked one too many times, and one day the local gamekeeper came - peace was restored

No time for more - Corrie
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-05-2014, 06:38 PM
Byeeeee Helena, and you'll be fine, I'm just interviewing Nice Nurses for you for when Dave collapses with exhaustion
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-05-2014, 06:39 PM
Evening Gordon and Sally I am watching Corrie too but just wanted to pop on and say night night Helena thinking of you tomorrow.
Page 7 of 16 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »