Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2013, 08:19 AM
Morning Dogsters,
MandyUK,my thoughts are with you and your family, rest in peace Norman.
Going to get a trailer full of topsoil, need to reseed the lawn,very patchy in parts after I killed all the moss My mini project for today! Hope you all are well and have a good day
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-07-2013, 08:32 AM
Good morning fellow members another hot one and I have just noticed my runner beans have black fly so I need to have a go at removing them before Hannah arrives.

I have had enough of this heat now and would like some rain, I certainly couldn't live in a hot country.

Enjoy your day everyone
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2013, 08:36 AM
Morning all...

Well the lappy seems to be behaving itself, see my late night last night post, but just then the flippin keys played up and I had to retype what I just said

It is another hot one over here in the Fens and I love it and it is set to last a while longer

Ty to stay cool and drink plenty of water, thanks Helena for the post on water I know most of us do refresh the water, I know I do it as the water bowl is under the outside tap, but a reminder is a good idea.

Taking Kacie back to the vet for a check, she has had an infection in her ear, but thanks to some mega drops, she is getting better. Then off to get some tripe, a visit to my bestest mate, shopping, which I hate, but I have no vodka in the house so needs must...

Very happy to read about Flash and Rucksack, I bet you can breath normally now.

Good luck with the house hunting tomorrow, getting closer to me again

Hope the workmen dont leave you stranded Malka, we will have to organise a red cross food parcel for you.

Try to stay cool, as according to Sky last night, it is set to stay and beat all records for the hottest summer so far...

Have a good weekend...
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-07-2013, 08:39 AM
'morning Helena, Lynn, and all of you above

Seems that it's a real heatwave in UK, we have some nice sunshine too but not real high temperatures.

Jenny, nice to see the terrible two are playing games again even if it does mean your magazines getting shredded

Keep cool everyone, have a good day.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Really hot here already and sun seems even stronger than yesterday. Yesterday's trip up the towpath with Mabs and Keshi was very successful, nice and shady and cool up there, I can get down to the river as well, so they can go there again today and have play in the river and get soaked.
They kept looking at the canal yesterday, then looking at me, hopefully, and I said NO so they walked away, still looking back at me hopefully, but couldn't risk them going in there because there'll be allsorts in there. It was only last night I realised I could have gone down to the river at one point where the towpath goes between the canal and river.
Hope Dave is OK today Helena, that sounds quite nasty, he quite clearly had sunstroke so I really hope he manages to keep away from the sun when he's at work today. One of my friends works for a building firm and one of their roofers has had to go off with sunstroke.
All the best with the bone cruncher today, hope your back is doing OK and there are no problems with it, I find this hot dry spell relieves lots of the aches and pains, a neighbour a couple of doors down with replacement knees agrees with me on that one!!!
Jenny, oh so pleased the boys are being norty again, I told you in a couple of days you would think longingly of the peace and quiet when they were poorly, but being back to their oldselves is loads better isn't it-well most of the time anyway Hope all is well at the hospital today and you don't have to wait too long.
Malka can you ring them at the macelot, I think you've rung them before about things, so surely they would bring a box over for you in the circumstances. This is what I was afraid would happen. Then get onto the people in charge of this project first thing you can and give them an earful, I'm sure it can't be legal to leave you in that position, say you didn't have a macelot so close that you can ring up, doesn't bear thinking about.
Bev you've got an horrendous day coming up, I hope your boss is paying you 3 persons wages, but somehow I doubt it. Glad to hear you've been to the docs and got some meds, but I don't think you will have told him what you're up against jobwise at present. Hope you find a better job when you move.
Dreadful and sad news about your f-i-l Mandy, like you say he is now out of pain and no longer suffering, but terribly sad for the whole family.
Eileen you are surely not going to be playing sandcastles with top soil today - purleese say it is in readiness for OH to sort out when he comes home tonight.
Congratulations on your grandaughter's graduation Nippy, like you say you are in the right place and NOT travelling today, it will be like purgatory
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2013, 08:55 AM
Good morning TW, err sorry your royal highness
Hubby doing gardening, are you kidding me???Aside from the fact it's my little piece of heaven and I like to do it myself,seriously would hate someone weeding, planting or cutting the grass. I allow him to sit out in it sometimes!!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2013, 09:18 AM
Morning

Helena - poor Dave, that sounds horrible. I hope he takes it easy for the drive home and doesn't meet any nasty jams. I also hope it's not too hot for you to do the vans tomorrow. Make sure any fans are on you while you are cleaning.

Mandyuk1 - I am so sorry to hear about your father-in-law.

Jenny - I hope your appointment goes well.

Please let it get cooler! I'm so sick of slapping sun block on everyone and feeling all sticky and sweaty.

I've decided that nobody is going out in the hot sun tomorrow. We will all go swimming and then camp out in our back garden, which gets loads of shade in the afternoon. With the lovely breeze yesterday I actually felt cool out there! It's no fun in the winter but fab in this weather.

I have loads to do but it's too hot to do it. I am going to have to carry the fans around with me to do my jobs.

After talking to some of the other parents I've decided to keep the private swimming lessons going because it seems the school ones aren't quite as good. Kids have received badges for things they already achieved ages ago! I did have a word with an instructor yesterday and she said she'd make sure that Carys gets into a more advanced group when she starts with the school, so that is good.

Carys got another swimming badge last night - her Stage 4.

Loki was back on form today; hungry, pulling, sniffing, trying to chase cats, sniffing for dogs under fences and roaring a a pug! The shame of it!

Have a lovely day everyone and I hope you all manage to keep comfortable.
x
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2013, 09:21 AM

Well done Carys
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2013, 09:39 AM
Morning all those I missed earlier

Lynn, yes, sorry about the news, but now the plasterers have just told me the forecast they heard just now was that it was going to get much hotter the whole of next week Jeesus!

Bev, so sorry you've got all that extra today, put a cold, wet tea towel around your neck it helps to keep you cool. I used to do that when I was in my catering trailer in heat like this standing over two flaring griddles and two big water boilers behind me, it wasn't nice!

Jen, congrats to your wonderful GD, how wonderful is that, pity you can't go, but you're wise to not even want to in this heat.

Jenny, glad to hear those boys are back to normal, and enjoy your walk, we have a nice breeze here today, and in fact, when I set off for my morning walk, the car said 19 deg and I felt cold enough to put a sleeved shirt over me and still felt chilly until I was climbing back up the s*ddin' great big hill back to the car an hour later! Oh you're gonna love these hills here Jen lol!

Malka, OMG, you're now marooned behind all that rubble Good luck!

Eileen, be careful of your back, it'll be payback time when you get to my age!! I recently did the topsoil, the slabbing and the turfing at the caravan garden and boy did I regret it - hence my 3rd visit to the osteopath this morning in a month!

Hi Harvey, yes it's too hot here now!

Hi Elaine, no vodka in the house Heeeeeeeelp!

Hi June, enjoy the sunshine perched on your lovely, new rock there whilst the girlies have their swim, I'm so, so envious of you Maybe you can ask them to make one for all of us?

Linda, Yes, well done to Carys there, sounds like she loves her swimming. Glad to hear Loki is back to normal grunting at a pug lol!

Sorry, lost it now....

Bone crunching session was brilliant, he's so good and takes lots of notes before he even starts even though he saw me only a couple of months ago. Anyhoo, there I was on me side as he was jigging about with my hips, and then he started lifting one leg up, holding it there whilst he had his hand on my hip joint and then putting it down again, and boy was that good. He told me what was going on with me. There is a small muscle deep in the hip which holds the hip joint in place and that's where my problem lies because it doesn't relax enough before I set off again next day for another hour long treck up and down these hills. Well, I feel like a new woman now BUT, I noticed, the way I swing myself about in the kitchen, turning too quickly, it sets it off again, so I must try and stop myself doing that and I think I'll be fine, well, physically at least

Plasterers are here, had a cuppa and now they're getting on with the final coat and will hopefully be gone by lunchtime so I can be normal for the rest of the day.

We have a lovely breeze today, the forecasters were right, it's definitely cooler today, but won't be by tomorrow when it all starts rising again. Got the air con going cos Zena can't be out the front with them working so close to the terrace, I don't want her covered in render, although she's accepted their heads poking through the ballistrades at her

Pork chop for lunch, don't know whether to make some lovely mash to go with it or a jacket or rustic chips, hmmmm, decisions decisions, it's a hard life
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2013, 09:54 AM
Helena, yes will be careful That bone crunching sounds like a hoot... Good to hear its helping Now if we could just sort poor Bev out, bless her Have stripped down to the bare minimum, will frighten the neighbours but what the hey Garden gloves at the ready,wheelbarrow, soil, grass seed....does life get any better???
Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »