Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2007, 10:24 PM

Your opinions please

A friend had a litter of pups, sold them all no probs but one of the buyers has now changed their minds and brought the pup back, my question is.....are they entitled to a full refund????

Your opinions appreciated
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2007, 10:34 PM
Hi,
It depends on what the conditions were when sold,
Some Breeders will only offer a refund if the vet finds anything wrong which renders the pup unfit for sale.
Do you know why the pup was returned?
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2007, 10:35 PM
no, unless there is a fault in the pup I would say no refunds. She has made her decision. On the flip side if she is going to sell the pup on to "who on earth knows who" to recoup the costs it might be in trhe pups interests to give a refund.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2007, 10:40 PM
As far as i know the pup was returned

1. due to the woman finding out she is pregnant
2. He is pooing all over the house

He was brought back very underweight, we assume they thought less food equals less poo.

This is the problem, they say they have been offered £400 by a family member who wants the dog to live on his farm, the breeder is really worried about this but cant really afford to refund all the money as she has many other commitments.

does she have any legal rights??? she does not want these people or their family anywhere near him.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2007, 10:44 PM
But that is what pups do until trained.

If i was the Breeder in those circumstances then yes i would give a full refund to get the pup back and find a suitable home.The owners may also be using that statement with a family member to get her money back.

I would also give the owner an ear bashing!
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2007, 10:48 PM
Thanks Sal, i know, i want to call them myself and give them a piece of my mind.

She could really do without it as she has another litter on the way but i have offered to foster him for her til he finds a home if she needs it.

Heres hoping all goes well.

Thanks for the replies guys xx
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2007, 11:13 PM
we spoke to the vets about this when suki was diagnosed with eye problems we wanted to know where we stood on the treatment etc, he sed it was like buying a dvd player if its faulty you take it back same with a puppy but there is the fact i was attatched to suki so we just paid less for her, i dont think your friend has any obligation to take back the puppy nor does she have a say in where the pup is rehomed to sorry
ATD xxx
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2007, 11:17 PM
Fair enough if there was something wrong with the pup but he is perfectly healthy they just changed their minds for the above stupid reasons and he was brought back underfed and underweight.

I think the breeder is going to refund them just to make sure he gets the right home.

Thanks for your comments xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-03-2007, 08:05 AM
Ollie's breeders policy is you have 48 hours to get vet checked,if anything wrong you get refunded if you leave it later that is your problem you can return the pup and have less refund or none at all,depending on the circumstances. If you return the dog when older for whatever reason you get a full refund if and when the dog is sold to a new home if the breeder has to keep it obviously you don't get a refund,or if it is rehomed through rescue,as Zanta was. We received no monies back for her and didn't expect any we were glad we had somewhere safe to take her knowing she would be rehomed in the right home or stay with the breeder.
Did these people sign a contract?
Personally I would not expect anything back because of the costs the breeder will have to incur through extra food etc.,.
Do people not realise puppies poo all over the house they have to be trained not too.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2007, 10:21 AM
Her loss, someone else's gain!! She obviously did not put much thought into getting the pup in the first instance by the sound of it!!

I'm sure the pup will find a more loving home anyhow, most breeders would refund I think.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >